[Solved] Variable value disappears after navigating to next screen

I spoke too soon. problem is back. As it may be the techs working on it, I will leave it for a while as deleting my data and replenenishing is a tedious process in my case. (data is loaded manually via several dozen fields and qr capture of several devices) literally takes hours.

1 Like

Did not have time earlier. Hope it still helps.

By the way, I have learned from this that the beaver is not infallible. And this exercise above (the mini app) has taught me a less laborious way of checking whether the problem is in my blocks or in the beaver’s handling of my blocks.

Dom, is it fair to say that this mini program is the measure of any fixes the beaver carries out? I keep it and run it until the variable works…and then back to work on my apps as normal? A kind of litmus test?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

hi @domhnallohanlon. Any update with this issue?. thanks in advance!

might have to wait till Monday

I have the impression that a linguistics/definitions overhaul with the Thunkable environment would help Dom and his colleagues get to the nub of issues more efficiently. “My app/the app/Live/Preview/Android/iOS/version this/version that” …it’s all getting very confusing.

1 Like

at first i thought i had things wrong in my app went messing around for it to show till i found out it was a bug then it was showing correctly on an old version so i knew i was not wrong but ahhhh .

And on Android the Title color is very light grey and not bold

Morning @danibarzo16i718!

No further updates since yesterday, the cause of the error was identified and work is ongoing to develop and test a fix, deploy the update to the servers and then test the update.

As soon as we have an update in relation to this we’ll post it here.

3 Likes

Thanks for your replay and support @domhnallohanlon!

Hello to everyone, I am new in Thunkable. I have created many quiz games using the local database. Since last week, my games where ok but now they are not showing anymore the images that I have added into the database. Can someone help me to show these again? Something has changed in Thunkable localDB? Thank you in advance.

Hey @sviluppatorevirtuals, welcome to the community :wave:

Can you share a screenshot of the blocks you are using to get the image from the DB and show it in the image component?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello,

The Live version is constantly changing in Thunkable X. For this reason, always check for updates before working. It also happens that some blocks stop working or something changes in their operation. In this case, you need to perform step-by-step debugging and display the data on the screen at each step to see it.

In LocalDB, you can save:

1. names of images added to the project
  2. url of images located on the server
  3. image code in Base64 format

In any case, this will be the text in the cell. So you need to check what the LocalDB cell returns.

2 Likes

I think that the block of the images does not working anymore or the database can not take the pictures from the files. How can I solve this problem? I use this for games as a web app and now every my games are not working.

before i could click and it would open url now it goes to thunkable logo url
or kl

Thanks @sviluppatorevirtuals,

I’m going to move your question here because, after seeing your blocks, I’m pretty sure that this is a variables issue rather then anything to do with the Dataviewer or the image component.

@kizzy the first screenshot won’t work as the green “value” blocks always needs to be inside the purple “get cell” block.

The second screenshot should work for you, provided the value is returning a valid URL. Have you tried using a label to debug here?

18 posts were split to a new topic: Display image from local storage

Any solution to this problem? If not how long will it take to resolve this issue waiting since Saturday morning.

Temporary work around is to use the stored variable for phone app, or cloud variable for web-app to propagate variable contents across screens.

Still waiting for the team to fix this.

I have tried using stored variable but it does not work. Please help.

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5f1e659fa9232832ca4515f7