[Reopened] Keyboard changes screen layout

No problem, Sorry for having created a whole separate discussion section. Should have gone through a bit better. Thank you guys for being on top of everything as always :+1:t3:

1 Like

Hello friends, I hope you are very well.

I would like to know if any of you have had this problem? started a few days ago. Pressing a text input opens the keyboard but deconfigures the entire screen.

This does not happen in thunkable live, only when installing the app on android, I have not tested on iOS.

I leave a comparison image.

1 Like

I am also facing the same problem

1 Like

No problem at all @huntermclarkn - I’ve adjusted the name of this topic slightly so hopefully it’s easier for others to see. If you have any suggestions around topic titles, let me know!

Hey @fredyfernando - yes, we’re aware of this issue and committed to fixing it. Apologies for the temporary inconvenience.

Sorry to hear this @Al3_anna - just wanted to let you know we’re working on this and will keep you updated with our progress here.

Hey everyone, just a quick update in relation to this.

As you might have noticed, there are a couple of annoying bugs that we’re working on at the moment. If you spot anyone else in the community who’s having difficulty with the keyboard messing up their layout can you please direct them to this topic and feel free to tag me too so I can keep track of everyone.

Really appreciate your help with this.

cc: @id.salazar88zrunh @saramdl.gaunde021 @Leito @lamagalhaes @newman1994211pt @davidcasasabajory @kizzy @gobassky @rynaldegabriel @rozakdata404oa @ryanfloresmejiagfhpi @huntermclarkn @kizzy @wagnerwillianx6 @tobi @loyaltapdevtpih @gobassky @fredyfernando @Al3_anna

Thanks!

3 Likes

Good news!!! Keyboard issue seems to be gone… finally!!
Just the GIF issue now! Wich includes loading_icon not working on a splashscreen! :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks great news @lamagalhaes - seems to be working fine for me on Thunkable Live and installed on Android.

I’m going to mark this as solved now!

EDIT: seems to be working for iOS too!

3 Likes

no more white space working fine

1 Like

Looks to be working, thanks for your hard work on this @domhnallohanlon

1 Like

Yes. It worked now just like how it did previously. Only that my icon picture on the first screen did not load, but deleting it and re-adding the picture file solved the problem, don’t know why but nevermind. Thanks to the team for the hard work.

Now its the other outstanding issues on variables across screens which is tracked in another thread. Feel quite confident that the team will solve it soon.

1 Like

So sorry @domhnallohanlon for disturbing hundred’s of people!

1 Like

This problem started a few days ago.

But after starting to write this thing is happening

Please Help!!

1 Like

i seen that on android

Wait for update to fix this

It is back again. :smiley: even on apps compiled few days ago.

1 Like

I can confirm this too, sadly :frowning:

Hi @ryanfloresmejiagfhpi and @lamagalhaes, yes, for some reason this seems to have reappeared.

This new issue seems slightly different in that it doesn’t occur the first time the app is opened, but if you close and reopen it happens. Is this the same for you both too?

I should have updated this thread yesterday too, but we had a report of this and someone is already working on it. There are a couple of different possible causes so I’ll keep everyone posted here as we know more.

Thanks,

Domhnall.

1 Like

Yes, at first time it’s ok. Next ones, bugged.

Tks dom

1 Like

Hi
I have same issue,
I am using web view and when focus on input field in the web site the keyboard have a white space in top of it and I cant see the field any more

@domhnallohanlon Just to mention that it is not just the keyboard issue which is back but also the “Device is Online” bug as well… This points to a potentially broader reappearance if the issues which resulted out of the recent React Native upgrade.