Rejected App "Hidden External Payment"

Hey all!

I just added payments into my app and submitted to the app store. Apple rejected the binary with this message:

We discovered that your app contains hidden features. Attempting to hide features, functionality or content in your app is considered egregious behavior and can lead to removal from the Apple Developer Program.
Specifically, we found that your app includes Stripe.io, which provides access to external payment mechanisms and enables the purchase of content, services, or functionality by means other than the in-app purchase API.

Is this a known issue or did I set it up wrong? Any advice is welcome!

Arun

Hi @Arun_Nijhawan,

We received your email in relation to this and are in the process of rolling out a temporary fix.

We’ll keep you posted on this issue. Thanks for you patience.

Thanks @domhnallohanlon and @wei. Y’all are rockstars

1 Like

The fix is rolling out and we will keep you posted once it is done :slight_smile:

Best,
Wei

We just rolled out a new release and the Stripe library (Stripe.io) is removed.

Can you rebuild the app and publish to Apple again? Please make sure you increment the build number.

Best,
Wei

@wei it went through app store ok. How do I accept payments moving forward?

I’m now getting another rejection from apple. Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

@wei @domhnallohanlon

Guideline 3.1.1 - Business - Payments - In-App Purchase

We noticed that your app offers a subscription with a mechanism other than the in-app purchase API.

Specifically, users are able to purchase a subscription under the ‘Practice’ section.

Next Steps

To resolve this issue, please revise your app to ensure that the subscription for products used within the app is offered using the in-app purchase API, with the exception of the content specified in guideline 3.1.3 of the App Store Review Guidelines.