Help defining frequency of ads in an app

Hi Community!

As some of you may have seen I have been building an application that is called Accounts Manager. Its purpose is a personal finances management app.

You may find more info about it here:

and here…

BlackdApps - Accounts Manager.

The screenshots in the second link are a bit older, and several improvements have been made since.

The app contains

• overview summary screen and input & modify records screens,
  • detailed and synoptic tables reports,
  • interactive charts,
  • theming options,
  • settings to handle the records in the database & the app behavior in overall,
  • integrated tutorial for each screen
  • several other automations that can ease the user in day 2 day operation.

Initially I thought to publish it in Play Store with:

• a trial period of 3 months and
  • Advertisements

Each component would require a different amount of payment to be removed.
(i.e. 5 EUR to continue after trial period and 3 EUR to remove ads)

Now I am considering to give it without the trial period and only ads included.

However I do not want the users to be demotivated by frequent ads so I am making this thread to gather opinions from fellow developers and at the same time users of apps.

Please consider that this app has several features that could not possibly be shown in the screenshots and that I have been developing it for a long time (almost 8 months!!!) due to the fact that I have a day job that consumes many hours of my day, so development is on late night hours…

Unfortunately I do not have enough time now to make a youtube video to show the app in detail…

Below are various options of how often to display ads… choose one you belive is appropriate!!

• 20 seconds
  • 30 seconds
  • 40 seconds
  • 50 seconds
  • 1 minute
  • 1.5 minutes
  • 2 minutes
  • other (please post)

0 voters

Thank you in advance !!!

1 Like

Come on you guys, 6 views in the last hour and none clicked on a vote??

I am just trying to catch a trend here!!

I voted other to make a start and not bias your opinion…

Thanks for voting up to now, I hope more people will share their view…

If someone selects “other” please post your opinion…

Hey there, I think you should show an app in function of an action and not of a amount of time. (Haven’t tested your app) For example maybe when the user logs in or when he saves his data ?

Don’t hesitate to DM me if you need some help or some talk on this, would be happy to help !

Nice day !

2 Likes

@AcrobatEpee this would be a nice workaround however …
If I am not mistaken Admob specifically prohibits such an option. That is why I have opted for time intervals…
If anyone else is certain about this then please let me know.

Btw I am changing my vote to 1.5 min…
Anyone else interested to share his/ her thoughts & vote?

Just one ad use per app session. You wouldn’t want users to leave your app because of the frequent changes.

1 Like

Thank you Peter.
All opinions will be considered in the final decision before releasing an apk in the store…

1 Like

Do you mean a full page ad or banner ad?
Why not just display a full time banner ad, but only on select pages and a full page randomly when they change to a certain screen

Since this application has been released without ads as mentioned here:

I believe that it is time for this topic to be closed or even deleted.

@moderators please proceed accordingly….

I would like to thank all those that have participated in the poll or posted their view…