When can we convert existing projects to the new UI?

When will we be able to convert a project made in the old edited to the new one? I know sometime this year but can I have an idea of when this year? A month? Two months?

For now, is there a way I can copy just the the code over from an old project to the new UI?

Great question @cyberdriver - I don’t have a firm ETA for this just yet.

What sort of project are you trying to convert? Is it already published in the Play Store/App Store?

No I’m creating for my self not publishing. I was just wondering because I started an app and did a lot of work but want to use the easier editor

2 Likes

Hi @domhnallohanlon, do you have an ETA 3 years later?
We do have an app on Play/Apple Store, developed on old UI interface, and for example I would like to be able to change the splash screen background, which seems to be available only on the new DnD interface. But I can’t find any mention of such feature, which I find very frustrating after so much time… Do I really need to redo everything from scratch? I’ve got 10 pages with all their blocks, so really don’t have the time to copy/paste everything by hand…

Hi @yoannrky4dd, the option to convert a Snap to Place project to a Drag and Drop project is available as a Beta feature currently. I have updated your account to have access to this feature.

Please be sure to refresh your browser and give it a try. We kindly advise that you take caution during this conversion process as you won’t be able to revert projects back to Snap to Place afterwards.

Be sure to check out our posts about How to ask Great Questions v2.0 and our Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Hi @matt_conroy, thanks for your quick response and the adding to the beta test.
I duplicated the project before trying this new feature, I will take time to make sure that everything works well. I’ll let you know if I have any issue. Is it best here or do you have a specific topic for that?

Please create a new topic unless you can find a Thunker who has already posted about the same thing recently.

From our Community Guidelines