What is Thunkable Premium?

Hi all,

Has anyone noticed the Premium option in Billing?

What is it, and what does it offer?
(except more storage space, because $250 extra per year for 4GB storage, is seriously not worth it, when Wasabi does 1TB S3 for $5.99/m with free egress)

There are many other SAAS app builders available, and the list is growing, from single developers to Amazon, and I’m intrigued to see what this Premium has to offer going forward, to help bring Thunkable closer to the other premium services out there.

Such as:

1. in-app payments
  2. deep linking
  3. user’s own bucket storage e.g. AWS or GCP
  4. white-label web apps (custom domain)
  5. configurable splash screen
  6. swipe-able slideshows
  7. easy option to add built-in HTML for displaying things like full screen custom designs and slideshows (negates the need for 6)

Maybe one day even:

1. Approved add-ons from 3rd parties like a kind of ‘component shop’ (e.g. Unity3D’s store).

Thank you.

2 Likes

I think the key differences at the moment are expedited support and increased storage.

Thanks for those suggestions! 1 and 2 are under development, 3 is interesting - I’ll pass it along. 4. Is one I’d like to see added myself, 5. Is in testing at the moment, 6. Can you elaborate a bit on that? 7. I’m guessing you’ve seen the set and get methods in the Webviewer - how can we make this easier? 8. Definitely something we discuss from time to time, but not what were focusing on at the moment!

2 Likes

To elaborate on number 6;

I can install WordPress on a subdomain, install Elementor, and add a slideshow in about 15 mins.

Then I use that subdomain’s URL in a WebView to create a slideshow. What I would prefer to do is have a slideshow/ slider (obviously touch controlled) build into Thunkable that allows custom data and images to be used.

The point about number 7, was that if users could upload HTML files, that could be displayed in the WebView, we wouldn’t need to do number 6, because that can be done with static HTML files.

I am aware of setting the URL of a WebView to:

data:text/html,<meta charset="utf-8"> <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"/>

Then adding the other HTML to render a webpage, but it doesn’t seem to process Javascript unless called from an external URL and I had cases where it just wouldn’t create a page at all if JS was included whether local or remote.

Basically I think having local slideshows would be a lot more sensible and easier to use for Thunkable’s users.
Of course having local HTML files (as well) would allow a lot more customisation.

The custom HTML files might also be a way to have truly custom splash-screens.

I just noticed the re-sizeable buttons in the new UI! Great news as it’s something I’ve been hoping for, for a while!

I’m also so glad to hear about 1,2 and 5! :smile: :+1:

2 Likes

6 is 100% doable.

There are a few examples of passing data back and forth between the webviewer in the forum currently. The others would be nice too

1 Like

Yes, I’ve seen those slideshow examples, but none work for all devices or 100% of the time. Most seem to require odd rotations, or present other problems.

Creating a slideshow, full screen, using a responsive template on an external website is fine for now.
It only presents a problem if the user is dealing with local data, or the slideshow needs to be changed dynamically.

But for something like on-boarding. It works fine, especially if it only needs to be shown once, as the user will typically have internet connection if they have just opened the app after downloading it.

In other scenarios, a built-in slideshow would be preferable.

1 Like

Hello @domhnallohanlon , can you give me a date ( approximate ) for point “2” : Deep link ? Thanx and well done for your solution !!!