📽 WDC #18 “Show Thunkable 2”

Photo Journal v2.2

Hi everyone! I’ve been working hard to simplify my Photo Journal app that I shared a little while ago as a WDC.

I think a video probably demonstrates it best so here you go:

What’s changed?

A lot. I switched from Firebase to a local DB (database) for storage. It’s much, much faster now and it should even work offline. I’ve also cleaned up the interface and tried to make it look a little more professional. I’ve also reduced the number of blocks significantly and changed the app from about eight screens to just two main screens and a couple auxiliary ones.

There’s no longer a sign-in feature but since everything is stored locally, there’s not much need for that. It’s a single-user app for now.

Can I beta test it?

Thanks for asking! Yes, I do need people to help test it. If you’re interested, drop me a private message and I’ll add you to Test Flight or share the .apk with you.

Is it just called “Photo Journal” or does it have a better name?

Thanks for asking! I know, I know, that’s not much of a name. I’m hesitant to tell you what I named the app because… it’s so bad. “Memages.” Like memories+images. Bad, right? :confounded:

This is an app looking for a name so if you have any ideas, please share them with me!

What else are you going to add to the app?

I’m thinking about themes (light, dark, graphic backgrounds) and the ability to backup your data to the cloud. There are similar apps that allow you to select a mood symbol for each day and I’m on the fence about whether or not I want to include that. But I’m open to suggestions. :slight_smile:

7 Likes