📽 WDC #18 “Show Thunkable 2”

Whew! I’ve been working a lot on BookARead, which I shared in the last WDC. I feel that it will be absolutely ready for use in my community in a week or two.

Backstory:
I always found it hard to sieve through books and find the book that a friend wanted to borrow, and my friends found it hard too. So, I created BookARead, an app to help you lend, borrow, add, rate, favourite, and search for books.

I’ve made a lot of changes:

• I added a New Books feature, which displays the 10 newest additions to BookARead
  • I added a Book Of The Day feature, which selects a random book for you
  • I sped up the searching process
  • I cleaned up the UI, so the ‘Me’ section works well on the web.
  • I made BookARead global! This means that people from across the world can use BookARead with people near them.
    You have to enter your society/neighbourhood name (or the area in which you want to lend and borrow books), which is easy as there’s a search bar too. Then, the app only displays books near you (within the area you chose) and displays only books near you when you search. When you request books, only people near you can see your request.

Screenshots:

Splash Screen

Choose your Society

All Books

Newest Books

Book Info

(sorry for the messy scratching out, I don’t know any tools to do this)

Lend a Book

Request Books

My Profile

Rate a Book

Many thanks to @muneer, @tatiang, @catsarisky, @manyone and loads more for all the help they have given me with this app. Fingers crossed so I can release it for my community next week🤞

8 Likes