🎨 WDC #16 Can you re-create Fahad's Pomodoro Timer App?

Image credits. Although your other guess sounds more interesting!

3 Likes

The Pomodoro submission
Pomodoro Timer

Not a complete app but just decided to submit it as is.

3 Likes

the pause button not working

1 Like

Still working on mine but thought I’d share some screenshots:

The app allows you to add tasks and displays each task as it happens. You can allot individual break and work times to each task. When I’m done, I’ll share the link.

4 Likes

Thank you for taking a look at it.

The pause button does not stop the timer. The green activity bar will stop increasing and a new “rest” bar will start to show in white.

I explained it in an earlier post.

3 Likes

this is my entry: Boiled Egg Timer

i am awed and inspired by the early entries of @catsarisky, @codeswept and @muneer! i saw this article from https://www.thekitchn.com/ about making perfect hardboiled eggs and it inspired me to go in this direction. the bells and whistles of @catsarisky, @codeswept and @muneer apps are a little hard for me to - (pardon me) - crack!
i also included a ding sound from freesounds.org to signal end of timer.

i used a local table of entries with different durations - it could be modified to show other tasks. at the moment, this version doesn’t have any other way of entering any desired time duration by hand.

here’s the project:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/72c2e6e5ccde92b55ee1dec3275f30cc

8 Likes

I love all the entries so far! @manyone I really like your take on it. I didn’t think of different types of timers, just used Pomodoro.

Here’s my (unfinished) app… I was trying to think of a name but all that presented itself to me was PomoMeter, which sounds cheesy. (Side: Anybody else loses sleep over app names?)

So, let me get to the point:
PomoMeter allows you to add tasks and allot individual work and break times to each task. You can edit tasks, delete tasks, and even repeat tasks! (Thanks @catsarisky for showing me how to do column overlay- I used that for my ‘edit task’ display)

The layout hasn’t changed, so you can check out the screenshots in my previous post.
Here’s the link: Thunkable

Do give me your feedback!
Thanks!

UPDATE:
The app now

• Has an updated REPEAT function
  • Displays the next task
  • Has improved UI
  • Displays current task
  • Audio reminders when a task starts/ it’s break time/you finished your schedule

WORKING ON
I’m working on adding a show remaining time/ elapsed time toggle. Beats me how @catsarisky and @manyone did it.

7 Likes

I love the idea of growing a plant to show how long you’ve been working. Really interesting :clap::clap:

2 Likes

@luv.ak.tech
I have updated the app to stop the time counter when in PAUSE mode but the white progress bar will continue to show “rest” time.

2 Likes

This is cool! I really love your app. The idea of using different coloured progress bars is too good!

1 Like

Really very good suggestions from everyone. But what would happen if the phone locked the screen in the meantime? The idea of this type of project is to remind the user, not to keep him engaged to monitor the timer process. And in this regard, I would again ask: When will there be a block, a sensor or something to work in the background?

2 Likes

Not a problem at all @Balanced_Kitchen
You can have a form to feed in the details in Thunkable then the actual “ticker” with JavaScript app triggered from the Web Viewer and it will stay “ticking” even during the screen lock.

4 Likes

You could also stop the phone from locking. (There’s a block for that.) For me, if I’m working at my computer, the phone screen staying on is OK since the phone is plugged in.

2 Likes

I admit I tried. My acquaintances in programming are obviously at a very low level. Unfortunately I couldn’t handle it. It remained inoperable for IOS. I will be grateful if you help me with this. And I am convinced that it will be useful for many others in the community!

1 Like

Yes this is a workaround for which user will waste their phone battery on something so basic and available in much more efficient applications.

@Balanced_Kitchen to be fair, you seem to have conveniently ignored this important caveat:

How did you get on with the Zapier integration approach?

2 Likes

Did you try that approach tchind linked with Zapier?

It also seems to me one could use OneSignal to send a push notification. The API reference shows a delay_after parameter that could be used. This is probably not suitable for a 30 second timer, but for traditional pomodoro method, a OneSignal notification would probably work OK!

1 Like

I also use IFTTT to give notifications on the screen.

With a PRO IFTTT account you can create JavaScript filters which can integrate many apps together.

As I failed to cope, as I mentioned, my knowledge in the field is limited and I will need a lot of time which I do not have at the moment. Therefore, I will be infinitely happy to find here in this subject that someone has achieved what I have failed at. The projects on display are truly unique, as are the ideas proposed. I can only congratulate you on this and wish you success. :+1:

2 Likes

Not a problem. You can send reminders through zapier in thunakable even in locked screen …

Most of all, Its not complicated and is very easy.

100% Guarantee of working… :grin: :grin:

1 Like