šŸŽ® WDC #14 Can you re-create the Plant Nanny app?

Cool, thanks!
Working on 2 apps right now. Trying to implement some gamification into them.

1 Like

When moving the plant, I get a black box with a diagonal green line

1 Like

Thatā€™s odd - all plants?

1 Like

I tried couple of them giving the same but it could be my phone having an issue.

By the way,
My daughter, 12 years, tried your poodle game and got 25 the first attempt. :grin:

4 Likes

I added some sprite collision and gravity. :slight_smile:

1 Like

hereā€™s my (simple) entry to WDC #14
Stretch MARKS - an app for tracking stretching exercises

my physical therapist put together this set of stretching exercises for me to relieve me of the pain iā€™ve been feeling in the back of my legs apparently caused by sitting in front of the computer for so long because iā€™ve been working from home, watching netflix, and sometimes working on thunkable apps! (whew!)

I wanted it to be simple so i had already planned on using DVLā€™s because they handle lists very well in a ā€œnocodeā€ manner. i settled on a running one weekā€™s worth of history (using the day of the week as index) for simplicity and i knew i had to use google sheets because it could handle many of the automatic calculations, including building the URL for making the charts appear in the weekly progress DVL.

here are my screens

you can watch a short movie showing how the app is used.

make a copy of the google sheet iā€™m using and upload it to your google drive as stretch_db

finally, hereā€™s a link to my project (new link)
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/a266f8eb4449b7f0381a89199e16b00c

unfortunately when a thunkable project using google sheets is shared, the datasources are converted automatically to local storage so it cannot be truly tested. these are the steps that iā€™ve used to make it workable.

1. make a copy of my stretch_db sheet and upload to your google drive under the same name.
  2. open the project and while in design mode, edit every screen with a DVL, note down the datasource and table, then clear out the values.
  3. delete the old datasource - then add the new datasource (from google drive)
  4. in design mode, provide the correct values for datasource and table for each screen that uses a DVL
  5. in blocks mode, revisit each screen and redo all datasources-related blocks (purple?) with error indicators until no more errors (ie. by redo, i mean, drag a new version from the templates and replace the old one after copying the required parameters)
  6. good luck
5 Likes

Wonderful entry! I love the weekly progress graphs.

yeah, nice job!

1 Like

thanks for the kind words!
what i wish to point out is that iā€™m using a plain Data View List to show that weekly progress - it means all the elements in each row are fields in the data and even the chart itself is encoded as a simple URL.

you can extrapolate ā€¦ it is possible to show your companyā€™s year-to-date sales and expenses, BY department(!) as long as all the data you need to build the chart can be found in one row!

2 Likes

Sorry I didnā€™t tell you earlier, but I canā€™t participate in this WDC because Thunkable shows a white screen on my device. :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

Do a hard reset of the browser tab or clear the browser cache.

1 Like

Iā€™m still hoping to post my plant sitter game for this challenge, but first I had issues with a bugged stage (that may require me to recreate all the sprites?), and now Iā€™m fighting off some nasty grunge (not COVID, happily) and spending most of my time lying on the couch. So maybe itā€™ll be my open call submission next week instead? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wish you a quick recovery. Sometimes the best thing to do is not to do anything.

3 Likes

Itā€™s the end of the semester at work. Thereā€™s no option to not do anything, alas!

2 Likes

Oh no! Get better soonā€¦ Itā€™s not like a WDC without seeing your submissionšŸ˜Š

3 Likes

get well! i agree with @codeswept!

3 Likes

Hi Thunkers!
Iā€™m new to thisā€¦

I got really excited by the idea of WDC and am really excited to see the submissions. Such cool ideas!
Going through the postsā€¦ I got this idea of an appā€¦ to help people practice gratitude.
The idea came while reading an article on practices to help people come out from their depression.
So its like, for 22 days or so, you need to think of 5 things you are grateful for everyday. This exercise /habit helps people bring positivity and productivity in their life.

So, in short, the app idea is like the user has to write 5 things which he is grateful for, and once he does that, he/she earns a badge.
The app will also keep a track of the total number of badges earned all-together.

Link - Thunkable

This is just a scratchā€¦ i need to figure out more functionalities in itā€¦ as in how to reset the fields for fresh inputs everydayā€¦

All your precious thoughts, ideas and guidance is super welcome!

6 Likes

Great idea! And welcome! I actually had the same idea but didnā€™t have the time to develop it this past weekend. Glad to see youā€™re on it.

2 Likes

Wish you a speedy recovery, but donā€™t stress yourself with the wdc challenge. Even though your wdc projects are great and for me, they are full if ideas, Your health is the priority.

Keep Thunking (After recovering)
Anush

1 Like

What auto-correct can do :joy:
@catsarisky Wishing you a speedy recovery
and as @anush_bh20910 meant keep thunking (and thinking to!).

1 Like