🎨 WDC #11 Can you re-create David's X for Y Idea Generator?

I had so much fun with this one and really want to further develop some of the concepts here. My submission this week is called “Language Cubes” and it’s directly inspired by a Belfast-based company called Story Cubes

Screenshot 2021-04-20 at 11.53.29

They’ve been in business since 2009 and are now available all over the world. I found this old interview they did with Irish Television back in 2010 that explains more about their business.

Personally, I used to use these in some of my classes and students always reacted so positively to them. I thought that surely an app must exists like this … and sure enough I was right! :joy: [Play Store] [App Store]

My twist is that the prompts are availalble in both English and Spanish (Well, Yandex-translated Spanish), it uses the Accelerometer so that you can shake your phone for a new prompt, Text to Speech reads the prompt aloud and there’s a “Text Editor” (Text Input!) where you can actually write and save your stories.

Here’s the project page if you want to try it out or remix it for yourself:
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/607d9857496fc7097b6ec4a2

There’s still plenty of work to do here both in terms of design and functionality so if you have any suggestions please feel free to share them!

Links:

All the icons in this project were sourced from Flat Icon:

6 Likes