Videos are not working in ios apk file

Hi, We make a project for first aid but the videos not working in apk file can you help me? (videos are visible in project but invisible in apk file)

1 Like

Unless you want to wait for a magician you might want to post your blocks.

1 Like
  • More information would be needed.
  • Do the files work when you preview the app?
  • Are your assets properly named?
  • What file type are you using?
  • Does the app work in web-preview?
2 Likes

There was a BUG in Thunkable of not viewing media files under iOS having space in the file name. For example my_video.mp4 would run ok but my video.mp4 will not run.

@lertyol , Can you check that you have this situation?

1 Like

less of a bug and more the way that our compiling system works. The process of converting from blocks, to react native, to native system code just doesn’t seem to like filenames with spaces for some reason. There is a note about this in the assets page in the documentation for both StP and DnD.

1 Like

File names with spaces works fine with Android devices but not with iOS ones that is why I termed it a BUG, if you have another term for it then let’s use that term for such cases.

ahha, that makes sense! I have seen the same issue on a few android tests. That’s why i say its not a bug though it may cause buggy issues. It would be nice to see our system take care of this automagically IMO and I have just entered this as a feature request.

Best practice will be to not have asset names with white spaces in the name " ".

1 Like

thank you i will try next month as i don’t use premium

1 Like

yes videos were works in preview
I left space, maybe that’s why
mp4
yes

1 Like