Using the web viewer on Xiaomi device

I found what is causing the problem in the video example. I don’t know if Thuncable’s staff is working on fixing bugs with the web viewer, so keep in mind that in the example, the crash is caused by the fact that I’m using a web viewer on the first screen that has a loaded url. If I remove the url address before going to the next screen, my project does not crash.

3 Likes

Is this a normal working URL?
I’ve noticed crashing in some phone models but not all if I use about:blank in place of the URL.

1 Like

Yes normal working url. I delete the url to go to the next screen. Then the project does not collapse.

Is either page in a navigator?

Yes

I spent couple of hours to debug a problem in one of the projects and found out something unusual. Some of my screens only the Screen Opens work and other screens only the Screen Starts work. Normal screens and no navigator. Any of you faced this?

[Update]
I made a change in the “Search Data Viewer Example”
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/600c35d2f153060012143dc8

I’m filling the local table at the start of the app and I placed the function that does this in both the Starts and Opens events with a counter to the number of rows in the table which should say 11.

In the Live App in the phone is displays 11 because only on the event runs

But in the Web Preview the number is doubled because both events are fired.

I found another anomaly and I would very much like to know which devices are affected. All that are on android 9 or just Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 pro. This api project (Thunkable) works on all devices except the above. The result after execution is for (status> nothing), and for (error> Network request failed). After much searching for the reason, I found that for Web Viewer in the system settings by default is Chrome, and Android Web Viewer is disabled. To activate it I had to deactivate Chrome. Can anyone do tests with another device that is on Android 9. I want to know if this is only a problem for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 pro or for everyone with Android 9

1 Like

I just tested it on Huawei Android 9.

3 Likes

Thanks! Obviously the problem is with the device itself

3 Likes

@Balanced_Kitchen I had the same issue on S8. See: Web API Error on Android: Network request failed

I have the solution, you need to add the header on the properties panel of your Web API:

1 Like

In my case, I think it’s impossible. My Content-Type: application / json. I’m not sure that two different Content-Type parameters can be set.

Well, the point is that you have to add your Content-Type on the Properties panel, not in the code. That way it works for me.

1 Like

This was the first test I did. In my case it did not help for the mentioned device. For him, the only solution is to enable Android Web Viewer and disable Chrome. @muneer do you have Chrome installed on your device?

1 Like

Yes, I have chrome installed.

2 Likes

Since Android 7, Chrome has taken over the function of WebView implementation. WebView Android Service is still installed but kept inactive and will automatically get activated when you uninstall or disable Chrome.

2 Likes

updating the topic title here since this seems to be device specific.

I see that the name of the topic is changed! OK. With @domhnallohanlon we have a discussion on the topic of the web viewer. Unfortunately, it fails to recreate the crash that we have been discussing for a long time, that this component causes for Android 9 and higher versions. I am attaching a link to a project and I will ask everyone to take a test and share the result.
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/795f03640ef61dc0452676a7f6ab9fd7

This is happening on my android 9

1 Like

I ran the test project and yes it should fail because the Web Viewer visible is set to FALSE. When I switch it to TRUE it works.

3 Likes

@Balanced_Kitchen

See this article

1 Like

Hi
sorry but I also face same thing because There are 2 reason

1. If the code of the will be wrong
  2. If it will crash just uninstall the Thunkable live app and reinstall

This is my suggestion if you want suggestion from staff
IGNORE THIS MESSAGE
Thank you ! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: :grin:

1 Like