Uploading an image of a canvas to cloudinary

Ohhhh… I didn’t know anything about baseball, but you told me loads in your post ! Thank you so much… I’ve got a question though:
OCR APIs are able to recognize different styles of handwriting on paper, why is it so different with a canvas image? Ideally the users (little kids) will be using a mobile device or tablet, so they’ll be writing by hand. The handwriting will be similar to their original handwriting with pencils on paper. Sorry for the silly question.

1 Like

OCR was originally invented to “read” printed/typeset material so we can feed a PDF into an OCR reader and it would produce an editable word document. it is based on what i mentioned above. letters in the same font, say Times Roman, are printed and shaped the same way, except in size. OCR software already knows Times Roman and dozens more - that’s why it is can handle most printed documents.
i doubt if the OCR API you mention can handle handwritten documents, though - unless they are not just plain OCR readers but machine learning assisted readers.

2 Likes

to give you an idea what i mean by machine-learning and artifiical intelligence - but from a different angle.
visit this site:

don’t forget to click on “Play the Game”! it’s fascinating!

2 Likes

It is cool! That’s what I’m trying to accomplish, except I want to recognize text ‘drawn’ on the canvas, instead of images. The artificial intelligence somehow managed to recognize my half-finished lopsided painting of a mouth, but couldn’t recognize a relatively better picture of a car, though.

1 Like

This cannot be used on android?

1 Like