[Solved] Unoptimized APK How To fix this issue

Unoptimized APK

Warning:

This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users’ devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users’ devices.

Resolution:

Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimize for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.

1 Like

Solution Below:

Youtube Explanation
1 Like

its not for thunkable

2 Likes

ya reply how to fix it

2 Likes

I am facing same problem

Please, help me to solve this problem step by step @pavi2410

2 Likes

The solution is simple: ignore the warning, it doesn’t prevent you from updating/publishing your app.

5 Likes

But it can’t be ignored, because whenever I review to rollout the app this warning appears and rollout button get disable … Give me solution if you have.

3 Likes

The button is most likely disabled because you haven’t completed all of the required steps. In the side menu, do you see any grey ticks? If so, you haven’t completed all of the required steps.

4 Likes

You should ignore that. Google is only advertising their new app binary format.

3 Likes

Hi there,

We have two approaches to this warning.

1: Optimise your app

Make sure to remove any components, assets or functions that are not used by your app.

:exclamation:Adding an asset (like a media file) to your app will cause this error if the asset is not used in any Design Screen or Blocks Screen.

Make sure you app has none of the following:

Blocks with errors

‘when’ blocks with no code inside

Grey, unused blocks

If these are in your app, please remove them before trying to publish your app again.

This should take care of the issue.
Otherwise:

2: Publish it Anyway

You can still publish your app even if you see this message.

You can’t roll out your app to production yet because you need to do some extra tasks.

These tasks are marked with grey checks on your Play Store publishing console.

You need to:

• Click these drawers
  • Fill in the information

When all the checks are green, you will be able to publish your app.

Thanks,
Jane

3 Likes

How to optimize can you guide us… And there is no option to publish… Only warning showing. Kindly provide way get rid of it

Thanks you safe me from headache

3 Likes

Hi there! I just finished my first app in Thunkable – with basic screen transitions, content variables, and a connection to firebase. That’s it!

When putting the apk file to the production track in the Google Play store, I get a warning that the apk is not optimized & has unused code. I can’t resolve this issue. And I don’t even need all the permissions which are stated there, and most of my assets are located in Firebase. So 31 MB seems a big file size indeed…

Result: I can’t release the app.

Can someone help me out?
Did someone had a similar problem?

Thanks in advance!
David

Hmm… That seems to be a seriois problem.

Hi @berlin_bear & @sheelaprasad9451rhkt

Thankfully this is just a warning an won’t prevent you from publishing your app.

See more:

2 Likes

I can’t ignore the warning, as the button to introduce the release stays inactive.

Guys, this is not intuitive. I thought you want to democratize app development? I am struggling with the most crucial point of the process.

Any more detailed help is welcome, how exactly I resolve the issue of the not optimized APK.

Thanks!

There must be something else missing or not completed by you yet. You might still have another step or two to take before you can release the app.

I have moved your post to an existing topic on this matter.
Please search in the community before making posts.

I am experiencing the same issue.

Everything prior to the confirmation page has been done yet the warning at the end recommends resizing through App Bundling and the rollout button is inactive so that I cannot select it.

Despite the advice on this thread being “click anyway” there does not appear to be a way to do so

You can still publish it. You simply have to complete all the steps of the listing. On the left menu, you have to tell google if there are ads, etc. So explore the app content, then content rating, pricing, etc. Get all that done and then it will let you publish.

1 Like