Thunkable x issue - can a user send an email from app to developer (ie me?)

This is fairly simple question, I hope. I want a button/text box where user can send email with suggestions to my email from within app.

Is there any way to send email per above? I read some posts with a few suggestions, but nothing that seems to be an accepted way to achieve this fairly straightforward task.
Any suggestions?

I see several extensions that seem to provide this capability, but my understanding is version X doesn’t allow extensions to be used yet - is that actually the case, and does any one know when extensions will be added to the X version?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I already have a fairly robust app put together in thunkable; my compliments to the creators for a really cool interface/language.

Thanks
Roger

1 Like

Hi @rshepard

You can refer to this discussion. And I think you can do it by only couple of steps on Thunkable X.

Thanks,
Joannie

1 Like

Joannie- Thanks for the advice; I will try it today, but it looks like that’s what I need!
-Roger

2 Likes

Hi
You can use “Open link” block from “Control”

Set the text of open link to
Join text:
mailtio:Your Email here?
subject= Any subject you like&
body= Any body you like

Note: All texts in lower case with no spacing.

But i want to ask one more question, using Open link block opens the gmail app in phone or any other mail platform, and then we have to click mail button mannualy
Is there any solution for it → Mailing a person without showing it, like the OTP system, where we have to add our mail and it sends the mail from backend,
I have tried to do this by google script using emailjs, but was unsucceed, Can u tell the solution for this problem.

You can use basically any backend to do this for you.

Appscript is easy, sendgrid is easier, Make (integromat) is even easier

3 Likes

Can u please give a demo of how to use this?

Please look thru the forum. I already posted this solution in here.