Thunkable emulator for demos to class?

What are others using if you want to demo Thunkable development in front of a class, to show what happens on the phone?

It would be ideal if there were some kind of emulator built into Thunkable X so that a teacher can show the live test on a large screen, as well as the Blocks etc. Usually we only have one screen in a classroom, and they are not setup to quickly share between a phone and web page. It would be much easier if there were a Thunkable emulator, perhaps a separate web page which just showed the Live Test output…

I have used the Genymotion emulator.

You can download GApps, then in Google Play, download the Thunkable Live app and use the app like normal.

I noticed that Genymotion link says “For persona use only”. Do you know if this is allowed to use in school classroom, or do we need to purchase a license?

Hi Craig! I’m new to Thunkable (migrated from AppInventor) and so far I’m loving it.

To mirror your mobile’s screen to your computer, you can use Vysor (Android) or Reflector (iOS).

If you have a Mac and an iPhone, you can do so without any additional software: https://youtu.be/6iZAM5bYkts

Hope this helps!

1 Like