[Superpost] Questions about Screen Orientation

gne

A lot of you have been asking for this…

Screenshot 2020-03-31 at 11.57.51

We’re testing this at the moment and it should be available in the coming days.

In the meantime I want to gather all the outstanding posts about screen orientation into one topic so we can easily notify everyone when this gets released.

Please let me know if I miss any.

Thanks!

14 Likes

I want a process …When screen orientation is portrait , show the menu and title bar but if orientation is landscape, hide the menu and title bar…How can i accomplish this…Please share ur ideas…Thank u :grinning:

One way to determine the screen size is given in the project under the link

https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5af67d033098b30001ec63ef/project/properties/designer/

After determining the screen width and height, you can add your own algorithm to it.

Hello

Is it possible to fix a screen to a portrait view also when i turn my phone to landscape orientation ( for the moment my screen flips to landscape orientation)?

kind regards

No, It is Immpossible.

I would love if they would implement it soon…

1 Like

Hi, I’m Matteo and I’m new of this forum. I’m looking for using Thunkable at school, but I’m not able to find orientation sensor inside cross platform. Is a limitation in iOS developing?
Second question…how can I put a button in the top of the screen? Is there a coordinate system like in standard android platform?
Thanks a lot
Matteo

Hi! There are two issues I want to report:

1. It would be helpful to be able to change the screen orientation through the orientation sensor.
  2. The web-viewer only appears to have a ‘click-through’ option, which cannot be disabled - this was an available option in the Android-only editor.

David

1 Like

Hi everyone. I just finished my first app using the Classic Android version of Thunkable. I love it and it’s a great way to develop.

I’d like to build it in the Cross Platform X version, but an important part of my app is that the screen orientation is set to landscape. I see that the orientation option is “coming soon.” Does anyone know how soon “soon” is? It’s the only thing keeping me from making an iOS version of my app on Thunkable.

Anyway, glad to be here and I think Thunkable is great!

2 Likes

Hi,

“comming soon” you can see in doc

https://docs.thunkable.com/thunkable-cross-platform/release-notes

Unfortunately, I do not think that the orientation function will appear as soon as we would like.

Hi there. We don’t yet have an estimate since we have to build some infrastructure before we can enable this feature. I’ll put it on the top of the list once that infrastructure is ready.

Albert @ Thunkable

Where is everyone seeing this in “Coming Soon”? I don’t see any mention of it.

https://docs.thunkable.com/thunkable-cross-platform/release-notes

Also at the bottom of this page:
https://docs.thunkable.com/thunkable-cross-platform/create/components/layout/screen

Thanks! I see it here, but I still do not know where people are seeing it on the release notes page. I only see Alert and Tab Navigator updates there. Weird.

I am also excited to see the landscape mode capability available.
Hopefully it will not take a long time as it is quite basic requeriment for sach a wonderfull X platform

Help Needed.
landscape mode is working while designing and testing but after download and installing in actual android device landscape orientation is not working.
(device rotate screen is checked)

Tried and tested with available community app Beaver Bingo and my own app.

Is there any bug? or I am doing something wrong?

1 Like

@digivita This is a known issue that we are currently working on. We should have a fix within the next week or so.

-Mark

2 Likes

thnaks for the confirmation.

1 Like

So on iOS my apps are all currently locked to portrait mode. Will this be “fixed” as well? I ask because I’m very happy with the apps being in portrait-only and would love to be able to keep them this way.