[Superpost] Custom Splash Screen Options

You are right, but it is not the thunkable fault. For free, you can neither create ipa files nor place them in the App Store. This is Apple’s policy. Thunkable allows you to install one application on iOS and run an unlimited number of projects within the size of your account on iOS. I do not know of any alternative solution that can give users such functionality. And in this regard, Thunkable is a unique product with good potentials.

If you want to create and distribute your applications for free, this is only possible with the help of web applications.

In addition to @actech, if you are referring to the splash screen when you launch the app, it is gone…

Good day

Sorry, I misunderstood about the splash, thank you for the explanation
:pray::palms_up_together:

It refers to the first screen that appears when you start the application.
To give professionalism the ideal would be that it could be customized, according to the project.

Any updates?

Hi there,

Yes, you can use your own app icon on the launch screen if you upgrade to Thunkable PRO. See the benefits here.

Albert

I still got that service? Could try it out. Luca_B

having the app icon as a splash screen is okay. But i find that if i want to have the app icon a different colour in the background it leaves me with an ugly square icon on startup. It would be great if there was a way to set the background image and maybe add a loading icon or something.

3 Likes

You can customize one, also I’m :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do i customise it? I don’t want just the app logo

2 Likes

Haha. Just add one. Even that splash still here, I make one.

1 Like

Its not the same though :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is because you want to replace to customize must upgrade to PRO :hugs:

1 Like

I have pro. I don’t want the splash screen or loading screen to be just the app icon. I want to be able to have more customisation with it.

2 Likes

Hello, @eoinparkinson!
I have a short solution for you.
Try to make your app’s icon more explainable, which should be as good as a splash screen.
I also tried to do this, and I liked the splash screen now.

Hope it helps! :wink:

1 Like

Thunkable doesn’t let you change the splash screen.

Currently I’m using Kodular. It’s like Thunkable, but with more options!

You can change the API…

And Kodular is created by the MIT App Inventor team!

1 Like

That is not true. Kodular has its own development team. I don’t know where you get your info from.

3 Likes

I’ve built my app on both Classic & X. In Thunkable Classic, it is quite simple to setup a Splash screen, but Thunkable X Pro only allows a splash icon which is center-aligned in a white background. Doesn’t look great at all, and that’s the first thing my user will see on opening my app. Please do something about this. @domhnallohanlon @jane

2 Likes

Plz Don’t notify Staff in your first post.
do remove the @ in your post above :slightly_smiling_face:

Not my first post :slight_smile:

It has been 2 months since the issue was raised, so seems like a good time to bump it up!

3 Likes