[Superpost] Custom Splash Screen Options

Hi there.

Thanks for following up here. We don’t yet have a specific timeline since we have a number of other things in the queue but we are also worried about supporting a branding launch screen since it is explicitly not recommended by Apple in their human interface guidelines:

https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/icons-and-images/launch-screen/

Albert

Hi Albert,

The message I got from reading the link you posted is that “Every app must supply a launch screen.”. It would seem there was consideration for the apps built with thunkable to ‘have’ a launch screen.

On the grounds of this, could it not be considered a higher priority?

I love thunkable very much but I can not be a thunkable reseller. If I am to make my own name in terms of the skill used to create from blank pages on thunkable, I think it is massively important that this feature be included in the near future.

Cheers,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback. You can create your own branding screen with a Timer so hopefully that works for you for now. The Launch Screen currently is the quick second or less that our Thunkable beaver shows up in the app but it’s largely not noticeable.

Customizing that screen is something we can do in the future –
Albert

2 Likes

Hi Albert,

Can you please elaborate on how to make our own launch screen with a timer?

I am getting ready for launching my app on the App Store (hopefully) - but I need a solution for making a launch screen or at least a splash screen.

/lars

Upvote on this. We have professional users who are turned off by a cartoon beaver which is really off-brand for our app audience.

Hi @who,

Custom branding is available to all PRO members, see a full feature comparison here

Hey @losmobilos, here’s an example with a custom splash screen:

Hi Domhnall, I’m just getting a blank page when I click to view that example:
https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5b1e28a77438acdc6cf1da51/project/properties/designer/

Thanks for the update @who, this example was created by @actech - perhaps he can shed some light on this??

Perhaps my project has the status of “private”, but I cannot quickly find it.

What’s the latest on this? I seriously don’t get the reluctance to fix this. EVERY major app allows for removal of default branding when user starts PAYING. I’m a PRO user and still can’t seem to get rid of that damn beaver. It’s an ugly experience for my users. Come on!

1 Like

I purchased the pro version to insert my brand.
This logo has white text and orange background.
When I open my app I see the whole white background with the orange icon in the middle and it’s ugly.
Can I set the orange color instead of white, in the App Branding page?
In App Settings panel, I can change the icon, but I can’t choose a background color.
I hope you can help me
Thanks

Hi @posta83wte2, :wave:

Unfortunately this not possible at the moment.

Would it be possible for you to invert the colours of your logo as a temporary work-around?

2 Likes

It is a problem, because according to the customer’s designers, the colors must not be inverted.

Color inversion means that the app icon has a white background and they don’t like it. :cold_sweat:

When will it be possible to set the background color for App Branding?

Thanks a lot,
David

What you could do is make the logo orange, and add a second screen with orange background with a timer that open the first screen after

Do you have a tutorial or an example in public gallery?

@posta83wte2 this sample app does something similar where it shows the icon and then has a custom splash screen

I hope you will soon add the ability to set a background color in Settings App Branding.
This is very important.
Thanks

1 Like

If I recall one of the benefits is that I can remove the thunkable logo when users open the app. I can’t find where I would do this.

If you have Thunkable Pro, you can customise the logo on the splash screen by changing the app icon.

https://docs.thunkable.com/thunkable-cross-platform/release-notes#oct-22-2018

2 Likes

Will the “Made with Thunkable” splash screen still be there when i publish the apps to the app store?

1 Like