[Superpost] Can we go "back" on the webviewer?

I use an iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 13.4 and iPhone X with 13.0 and it only shows a blank screen and the grey bar…

So something is still unstable for iOS 13.

I do not see way to call the webviewer to go back?

To be able to navigate back and forth is very important.
Please any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hey @amir_al-mohamad,

At the moment this functionality is not available.

Can you tell us a little more about the type of app you’re trying to build?

Thanks!

Hello, I am going to port the application with mit app inventor which mainly uses a web viewer, and the back function is very important.

@domhnallohanlon‘s response time you was a month ago. Hopefully If you are unhappy eith thunkable you didn’t pay for another month.

But, is this the only thing holding up your app development? I don’t think thunkable is designed to build a strong webwrapper for any webpage.

Would your users benefit from going to the browser for a short period and then being instructed to return to the app?

What does your app do besides web browsing?

The main functionality in the web viewer, in it you can listen to web radio

Thanks for the update. You seem to have deleted one of your posts - this might cause confusion for other community members trying to follow along here.

Just FYI, your can stream internet radio with our sound component.

Do you have any wireframes or designs you can share with us so we can guide you further?

2 Likes

Thanks for marking my post yesterday as “solved@amir_al-mohamad - but I’m not entirely sure what the solution was in this case?

I want to use back pressed functionality on the web-viewer application.

• When I am on the web view and click on the back button it should be go back to previous page.
  • But, Currenctly it is exiting my application.

I already check all the threads and found NO SOLUTION anywhere. It is previously possible on the classic version of thunkable but it is not on the CROSS PLATFORM.

Also, there are many other things not possible on the X Platforma and many things are even un answered. I am disappoint as these are some very basic.

There is a block for that under the screen. You’ll have to pull in the block “When Screen Opens” then change opens to “BackButtonPressed”

Then you can specify what the back button does.

Thanks for reply! I already check it but i don’t find any documentation how to do the following:

• When user is on my webviewer screen and click on the back button > They should redirect to the previous URL.

In Thunkable classic we can do it but i don’t find any single thread. I find the same issue people having but NO ANSWER from the community.

as usual after one reply NO Response

Hey @khalidcreativexsoftt

This feature is not yet available in the WebViewer blocks - but I think you could roll your own with the receives message and post message blocks.

What sort of app are you trying to build?

If you can give us a little more context we might be better able to advise you.

Thanks.

Hi folks, thank you all so much for your requests and patience in relation to this feature. I wanted to let you know that we’ve now implemented this feature which I hope will make it even easier for your to use the Web Viewer component in your Thunkable projects.

If this addition helps you get your app published, please let us know about it over in the #MadeWithThunkable section.

cc. @CSJ.APP @actech @weller @Gagan_Kr @simsonpeter @galleline @sajidkhan @andrecdan @Abhishek_Agarwal @mahamudulh @IBRAHIM_ALEID @RetroWill @BlueWhaleYT @Paolo_Eramo @Mix24hours @jane @sbpaypallm @Elanor @manjudevi.devi1802u3 @Chris @ketty_ferreira @mkandou @kizzy @jared @amir_al-mohamad @khalidcreativexsoftt @athornock

2 Likes