I’m experiencing an issue when trying to read the custom characteristic of an HM-10 bluetooth module with the BLE Component. Here are a few precisions:
- Writing data works as expected
- I can read and write data with the BLE Scanner app (haven’t try others)
- When writing with Thunkable or read/writing with BLE Scanner, everything works as expected with my serial monitor on Arduino Nano.
- The error flag of the Receive function does not fire. Instead, it seems the function is just returning “empty” data.
- An error is triggered when trying to receive a Byte Array instead of String.
- I can without problem read data from another characteristic (for example Device Name). It displays the string as expected.
Here are the blocks I am using. I have tried several things but I couldn’t make it work.
This works and Reception_Label changes according to the name of the Device Name characteristic
This doesn’t work. Reception_Label remains empty (it is changing as it is not empty at first).
This triggers the following error : “n is not a function. (In ‘n(void 0,v.t0.message)’, ‘n’ is undefined)”
The blocks in charge of connecting to the device seem to work properly as I can Transmit data, and Receive data from another characteristic.
Also, the characteristic is set for Read, Write, Notify and others, as I can read/write without problem with BLE Scanner.
I have also tried different TYPE configuration (0,1,2,3) for the HM-10 without any success. Apart from this, I am using almost all the factory settings.
Does anybody have experienced this issue before ? I’ve seem other people having trouble with the BLE component and HM-10 but never this particular problem. Most of them would receive incoherent data but all of them receive at least something.
Thank you for your help.