Some Issues with Sound Component

Hi you beautiful Thunkers,

I am trying to create some nice, easy to use educational music apps.
I’m coming up with this issue a few times and wondering if there is a way around it, or perhaps this is a limitation of Thunkable (I love Thunkable dearly, don’t get me wrong).

With the Sound component, when the button is clicked repeatedly, the last part of the sound that was just played gets cut off.
Because I am designing this app for kids, I know they are going to try to click as many buttons as possible as quickly as possible. When the sound is clipped, the app feels buggy and unresponsive.

I’d like it so that the sounds can overlap a little bit, it will sound soooooo much nicer.

I’m also wondering if there is a way to stop a button from turning white for a fraction of a second when it is clicked?

Another issue is being able to press two buttons at the same time (e.g. to play a chord on a musical keyboard). Is there a way to do this?

Cheers from Australia
Carlin

1 Like

No. I submitted a feature request for this: Disable default button "touch down" state · Issue #845 · thunkable/thunkable-issues · GitHub.

No, multi-touch is not supported as far as I know.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.
In that case would I need to hire a web developer to code the app to be able to have the multitouch function? Or are there any workarounds?