[Solved] Thunkable Live for iOS "Congrats! Your project is live" — remove?

@domhnallohanlon There are several recent threads that mention a concern about the new “Congrats! Your project is live. Check out our tutorials if you need help.” bar that was added to the bottom of Thunkable Live.

The significant change in screen size because of those additional elements makes Thunkable Live much less useful for testing of apps.

Are there plans to remove it?

My preference would be to tell your users congratulations and about tutorials in the email message that gets generated each time an app is downloaded. The less the actual app screen gets crowded with additional text and buttons, the better.

7 Likes

I agree!

It only seems to appear on my iOS (iPhone 6 - 12.3.1) device and not my Android (Note10+ - Android 10)

1 Like

Agree! :+1:

1 Like

I agree too! Please remove it.

Can the thunkable team pleeeeease remove this? Between the top bar that was added last year and this new bar at the bottom, the Thunkable Live preview is completely useless now. I have to build and wait 30 minutes just to see what my app looks like, when I used to be able to get an almost exact preview of the app from directly within the Thunkable Live app.

Or maybe just add some settings to the app for those of us who don’t want all this unnecessary stuff on the screen when previewing our apps. Pleeeeeease!!!

Info fom Mark

Apple has been a bit inconsistent on how they've been treating various live preview apps, including ours. Technically, they require that the "live" portion take up no more than 80% of the screen, so we have been doing that to stay compliant.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info @actech

Sucks that Apple has this policy but now it makes sense why Thunkable has added this extra portion.

1 Like

Thank you @actech!

1 Like

Thunkable Live’s interface is not similar to the real ones built on your phone.
The Live test page bottom margin is too big and moves contents upwards. Therefore making the test space smaller. Can any thunkable developers remove the bottom part that says ‘Congrats your project is live!’ or make it smaller in order to have more space for testing? Thanks.
Example below:

Hey @juschan0605 - thanks for the suggestion, as you can see from the posts above, this has been asked before.

We’d love to, but unfortunately we are required by Apple to have this bar at the bottom of the screen. If they ever change their requirements we’ll definitely look into getting rid of it.

This is why the bar does not appear at the bottom of the Android screen, because Google and Amazon don’t have this requirement.

This is also one of the reasons we’ve put so much effort into Web Preview and Publish to the Web. These features allow our users to test, publish and update their apps without having to go through any store.

Hope that helps!

cc: @jummahgiving @Ygor_Bittencourt

1 Like

1 Like