[Solved] Student would like to make a recipe finder using switches for settings but having trouble

I have a student who is trying to make a recipe finder app for herself. She wants to use switches. We’ve tried coding the logic several different ways, but can’t get it to work. When we are on Screen2 and select “Vegan” and “easy”, then we click button “Find my recipe” we want it to navigate to screen 5, where the recipe is. The recipe seems to flash across the screen but does not stay. Any help you can provide is much appreciated.

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/5b65e202c44467f7f0e33b6edf0d6fe2

Debbie

Hi Debbie!

Looks like the issue is that you also have a block which navigates to Screen 15 if easy is true. So basically the app navigates to Screen 5 and then to Screen 15 which is blank. What you want to do is have one block for when Button 2 is clicked and use an if else statement to control how the app reacts. This way, only one of the possible actions (in this case navigating to another screen) will be triggered. Something like this should work as your student intends:

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I didn’t even see her other block code down at the bottom. :+1:

Debbie