[SOLVED] Speech recognition for app

Hello :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I try to make a speech practice app and used Speech recognition but It has some ploblem. when I try to speak my app always say “no”

Please Help me …

The [gear] list block is causing the problem. You set the variable to a list but then are comparing it to a string (the green value block). You can’t really do that. Remove the [gear] list block.

:crazy_face: I think that block should come with a warning message: “Are you SURE you want to use this block?” So many people misuse it. I would say I use it in less than 1% of the programming I do with Thunkable.

1 Like

Here is the code … Is it correct ?

when I speak the sentence “ัyoure welcome” the app will show yes if I has correct pronounciation and “no” when I has wrong pronounciation
please give me advice how to do the right code and thankyou so much for you help :heart: :heart:

I’m really sorry. English is my 2nd language. :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

That’s okay. You are setting the variable value to null. Do not do that. You erase its value when you set it to null.

You are also trying to use if/else conditions before you know if the speech to text is working.

Please try only a block that says set label’s text to [value]. When you do that, what is displayed?

2 Likes

You’re welcome. What does Label Word’s text display when you say “you’re welcome”?

I’ve read your advice again and again…
Is it cerrect code for effective work?

( :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear:)

When you preview your app and say “you’re welcome” does it display “you’re welcom” (without the “e”)?

Can you share a link to your project?

1 Like

Of cause,
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/dc6106ce645e8ddaa1a4b1300e2b257a
Here is my project :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
(thank you so much :heart: :heart: :heart:)

Excuse me, How my project going on,Sir?
and Is it correct? Sorry for asked you too much but I really confuse :smiling_face_with_tear:

When I say “May I help you”, your project displays “May I help you” but you are checking to see if it equals “may I help you” which is a different string. I would recommend converting the green value block to lowercase before comparing it.

It is correct follow your recomanded,Sir?

Yes. But I would also put the if app variable say = Label word's Text blocks inside of the Recognize function.

Here is new… and Is it totally for good work,Sir?

P.S. Thank you for your recommanded so much that’s help me a lot!!!

When you post a screenshot or a new question, you should tell us what works and what doesn’t work instead of asking us to figure that out.

Please try this:

Modified project link: Thunkable

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion, I will take it to make it better next time. I know the project has problems but I don’t know how to explain it clearly. :smiling_face_with_tear: :smiling_face_with_tear: However, I respect you very much. and you really saved me :heart: :pray:

2 Likes