[Solved] Is it possible open another app using thunkable?

Hello! It’s my first post here and I appreciate every material I have been founded here, it helped me a lot!

I have an application like webviewer (with an internal link in my employeer), we can access the link using another app, so basically my doubt is:
Is it possible to open another APP using a button in Thunkable?
Like mainscreen navigator.
I appreciate your help.

3 Likes

Hi there,

You can use the Open Link block to open a link in a connected app :grinning:

Check out a post about the Open Link block here.

2 Likes

if its google drive, youtube or some sort of platform that supports link sharing, chances are a shareable link will open in the app.

1 Like

Hello!
It worked, but I got an issue.
I included a link ‘https://web-vmware’ and Android suggested me to click in the correct APP (It worked as well), but after do this action every link I have been click is opening in this APP, so it not work properly.
Could you help me?

1 Like

thats android just trying to be helpful. there should be an option in android settings to change this. If you want to be able to select how to open links, when prompt by android, select the app / browser you want to open with and click just once. Hopefully that is what you meant.

1 Like

It worked.
I defined no standard app and every click android is asking me what app I’d like to use.

Thank you for everyone!!

2 Likes

I tried to open the app MP Mobile (available into Playstore), but this app is not working do you have any ideia what can I do?

The app should have some sort of built in code to allow this i believe. So that app might not support direct links.

I understood, so in this case we have nothing to do?

I believe this is what you are looking for.

DeepLinking:

Universal Links are standard web links (http://mydomain.com) that point to both a web page and a piece of content inside an app . When a Universal Link is opened, iOS checks to see if any installed device is registered for that domain. If so, the app is launched immediately without ever loading the web page.

You can read more about this here and here.

I do hope this is what you are looking for.

1 Like

So to add to that. This is something inside of the app. if the app is not registered to a domain, then the content cannot be opened. I am unsure how specific content is linked, that could be something to do with the link and the app sharing the same api link or something.

I found another great link. You can see it here.