[Solved] I am having trouble with the background

I have tried changing the background picture before but I guess I was doing something wrong. I am using a template that already has a background but I need to change it. Can somebody help me out?

Greetings @school_project25! :open_hands:
What steps have you tried already? I wonder if you are trying to set a background photo for a row or the entire screen?

I have done a few different things. One time I clicked on where it says Background Picture and tried to upload a photo and type a url. Neither showed up right. They didnā€™t even show up at all. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

What component background are you attempting to change. A button, row, column, list viewer, screen?

I am trying to change the background of the screen. Here is what I am talking about.

As you can see, it is hard to read the yellow. I need to change it to a dark blue. Thanks!

Hi @school_project25, I see in your screenshot that you already have a background photo in place. Are you suggesting that the platform is not allowing you to modify the photo you already have set?

I wonder what format the photo you are trying to change your background to is? Have you tried just a solid color and changing back to your gradient. There is a likelihood that if you are able to modify the background to be 1 photo but not another, there may be an issue with that photo.

Can you share a link to your app?

Here is the link to my app. https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5e431808c167cc3bdd2c36f9/299d6b06-991c-42af-b609-d4886e9e0598/designer

I have tried a couple different formats of photos but didnā€™t work. I would like to find another gradient but a darker color. Do you think you could tell me how to add a photo into the app? Maybe I am doing it wrong. Thank you so much!

What[quote=ā€œschool_project25, post:7, topic:488278ā€]
I have tried a couple different formats of photos but didnā€™t work. I would like to find another gradient but a darker color. Do you think you could tell me how to add a photo into the app?
[/quote]

it seems like you already know how to add photos. Or did you remix this app? Either way, add pics to your app here. On your design screen, scroll down the screen tree until you see the heading of ā€œfilesā€. You should be able to drag and drop any photo you want to use there

Okay. Will it automatically go to the screen background? Thanks!

no. once you add the file in, then you go back to that dropdown called ā€˜background imageā€™ and the image should appear there

see this

i just set the background of the first screen to the screenshot I uploaded previously exactly as I stated above.

If this helped you, please mark this as solved! Happy Thunking!

2 Likes

Thanks! That really helps. This video shows me what to do. Your help is really appreciated!

1 Like