[Solved] How do I allow my users to reset their passwords?

Result :
그림2

Program block :

1 Like

Why are you setting the email to null in the init block?

1 Like

Hey @jumalcom222 - I’d highly recommend subscribing to the Thunkable YouTube channel if you haven’t done so already.

The wonderful @jane has a chapter about this exact topic:

3 Likes

I idea of a solution

the variable should be connected

not divided into 2 blocks just look in the variables area for the connected block

1 Like

You are using variable by reference which is why you see the error. Use direct variable as you initialized it first. Go to variables drawer and pick the variable sEmail from the drawer.

@sohan.s
This is not disconnected. This is using variables by reference and has its own use case.

Is “app variable sEmail” only text ?

1 Like

use this one for the email in the ResetPassword block.

2 Likes

(program)

(result–after click “forgot password button”)
- No received password reset email, too

1 Like

You are doing it WRONG. you are typing the text you should use the variable block not to type it yourself.

See this example and notice the color of the app variable sEmail not the same as yours.

You have to pick the variable from the variable drawer like this

Hope this is clear now.

Of course the variable should store the email of the user which should have been done previously. In the example above I typed a sample email address while initializing just to simplify the example.

1 Like

What should I do if the app wants to send a password reset email to the mail that the customer input?

1 Like

You need to watch some tutorials and go through the examples.

See this a sample page where the user is required to enter his/her email and click the button.

The code behind the button will check that the email field in not empty and then use the entered email to send “ResetPassword” using the block.

Happy coding.

1 Like

Thank you for your tip, I solved the problem…