[Solved] How can I See what is in a variable?

Hi all,

I’m trying to create a clickable link in a list. I can already see all items in the list but I need to now make it so I see the individual record when I click. I already use variables in other programming software I use so am aware of them. One of the examples available is for the Inventory Management and it does what I need but… it uses variables (Database_Obj and Database_ID). I’d like to see how those variables are actually constructed. All I see in ‘Variables’ is ‘app variable Database_Obj’. Is there a way I can see how that is constructed?

TIA

Jackmac

Thunkable is programmed in React Native so you can Google how variables are initialized in that language. But apart from that, you just initialize a variable and then give it a value to determine its type (string, integer, list, etc.).

For what you’re trying to do, generally you would use a List Viewer and use the green index block when the user clicks/taps to then retrieve a row from a data source (where index is the row #).

Edit: I looked at the project you mentioned from the Top Community Projects and I see you’re referring to this:

In that case, the Database_Obj is just holding a row object from the data source:

So when you get the property “Items” you’re actually getting the column with that name. The row number is determined by the value of Database_ID.

2 Likes

Thank you for the pointers! I followed your guidance and also searched for a video and found the following:

this, along with your explanation, nailed it! Thank you!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.