[Solved] how can I create a journal App for multiple users

Am Working on a Journal app for multiple users,saving items for different categories, such as New note,*Music composition,*Sermons of which I will be using a Stored Variable to identify users in the app,but the situation right now is Listing All entries by a specific User in a Custom DVL for each of the categories and also displaying it contents when an item is clicked.
I’ve seen @darren video on similar app,his was shown and listed with a Listviewer component,but In my case it has multiple entries and I want it to be list and displayed by a custom DVL

1 Like

Did you have a specifc issue you would like help with? :grinning:

1 Like

I want to Users to only see their entries,but through a custom DATA VIEWER LIST

2 Likes

Here is a link to the sample of the App
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/ebd10b363649755ea5e5a3f002138d87

Thanks

1 Like

So I reviewed your app, and you don’t see to have the users authenticate/create an account in order to use your app. Without a unique identifier for a user there isn’t a way to filter to restrict a user to see their notes. Think of of this way, if the app doesn’t know who you are, how will it filter to your notes? An account creation through firebase solves this issue because when a user creates an account through firebase they get a unique ID

1 Like

Yea I know this,but can’t it be possible without the auth_userid?
How about if a username is entered and stored to the Spreadsheet as it is now,or I will rather just do want you suggested now for the best result :slightly_smiling_face:.I will do that now and update the share link
Thanks

1 Like

Hey good day,
I’ve successfully created a data entry screen,which saves text entries into the Spreadsheet with a Dummy USErID for testing purposes at the moment,but after every data entry at the click of the "Save button,users will be navigated back to the All items saved in the Spreadsheet,
So in this screen users are supposed to see their existing entries in the spreadsheet through the Listviewer component,but it’s not showing up anything…
Am I wrong with my blockings???

Please help and thanks for your response

1 Like

Those blocks look okay to me. So if it’s not working, you’ll need to start debugging it. I would assign a label’s value to your get property of object blocks and add a wait block to your two loops. That way, you can see what the values are versus what you expect them to be.

3 Likes

If this is an Airtable sheet with images then this should not work, I suppose.

Can you actually show the JSON string of the green block rows? It should show a list inside a list.

2 Likes

No, this doesn’t have images just text

1 Like

I will try your suggestion , thanks

1 Like

Thanks to you both,it works with @tatiang suggestion

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.