[Solved] Hide password in Thunkable?

@Patrick_Elisha - we have a bug report open for this so a fix is on the way.

Thanks for the nudge!

3 Likes

Great!

1 Like

Hi @Patrick_Elisha, @domhnallohanlon

I created a sample screen as a workaround for password entry for web apps. See the link Web Login Example

1 Like

Hello, and thanks for asking. I am making an app which requires signing in. So for the password text box, I wanted the text input to hide the characters.

1 Like

@thecodingmasterabeer
In the advanced tab of the password [input_text] switch the [SecureTextEntry] to True

1 Like

That’s exactly what I have done but it doesn’t work

It doesn’t work in the web but it works in the live testing app, the companion app and the downloaded app.

2 Likes

I have tried live-testing the app, but it still doesn’t work. I can provide screenshots for proof.Secure Text Entry Proof
But, even when I am doing the live test, even then:
text field proof
The text is visible as shown above… I think that Thunkable has a bug to solve… I hope they do the debugging of this error soon… Highly unexpected… :-1:

Buying the membership for Thunkable PRO, turned out to be a waste of time and money, after all. There are a few more bugs in Thunkable, and I have done exactly what is told in the tutorials, by community members, and some of these community members who have tried to solve my problems were Beta Testers, Power Thunkers etc. I mean, who else could know more about Thunkable than these people? And their advice itself didn’t work.

Highly unexpected (:-1:

@thecodingmasterabeer,

The password feature only works on the app. If you are testing using the web or the option in the menu then it will not work.

Use the Thunkable app and you will see it working as expected.

You don’t need to buy the PRO for this feature.

Happy Thunking :grin:

1 Like

@thecodingmasterabeer,

This bug has been known for a long time.

I noticed there was no GitHub entry, so I added one.

@thecodingmasterabeer my understanding was that this was only on web apps - are you installing your app on an Android or an iOS device?

2 Likes

I had tested my app as a responsive web app, it still didn’t work. I have not tested this app on any other device yet, but I am about to test this app on my Android device, as I don’t have any iOS device as of now.
Thanks for asking!

As explained earlier the [hide text] feature does not work on the web and this is a known bug.

However, I created a work around for it which you can see in this Web Login Example with ** in password field

You can use the same technique to hide the text in the Web App.

Happy Thunking :grin:

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

In Thunkable Regular, you can scroll all the way down (Advanced Tab) and click “Secure Text Entry”. This allows you to show your text in dots when you type. :ok_hand:t5:

1 Like

Try not using any keys (API or something)

Welcome to Thunkable.

This post is already marked Solved and it is over a year ago so no extra comments are necessary.