Web Login Example with ** in password field

I don’t about you but I get annoyed by the web interface of Thunkable showing the password or PIN codes of our apps so I created a small routine to replace the PIN Code with asterisk imitating the actual password field

Web Login Example

This is only a first attempt and you are welcome to suggest other ways or enhance the code. For now you need to state the number of digits in the password and you need to have number of “*” same length of the password.

[Update]
Thunkable has fixed this issue on 3rd Feb 2021 and this workaround is not necessary any more.

4 Likes

Wow! This is exactly what I was looking for. I could tell what you did without checking the code, because of the first input. But I really liked it, and this will come in handy because SecureTextEntry only works on the phone.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments.

1 Like

I could be wrong but isn’t this the same as enabling SecureTextEntry for a text input component?

It’s described in this document: Text Input - ✕ Docs

That’s the bad part about SecureTextEntry. But because of that, it costs a lot of code to keep our Thunkable app passwords private😐

2 Likes

When you test it, you will find it works with live app on the phone but does not work with the web test.

[Update]

The problem seems to have been fixed now so no need for this workaround anymore. Thank you @Thunkable_Staff

1 Like

@muneer I just made my own version with
i) No password length limit
ii) Show/hide option

Just a small attempt that I wanted to share.

1 Like

I just realized something great: secure text entry works on Web Test too! I realized that after spending half an hour coding for Web-compatible text-input security😅

2 Likes

It must have been fixed lately. Anyway, you may consider it as a learning process.

1 Like

Yes, even if I’d known it had been fixed I’d have tried to find my own way to do it, and added what extras that I wanted. It was quite confusing, but, as you said, it was part of the learning process.

1 Like

I just found out that this was fixed last week.

Actually, the same day you where working on.

1 Like

That’s quite surprising! Especially since it was the same day I was working on the password screen.

1 Like

Can u please share the link of your project

I have shared it above.