[SOLVED] Google Maps Markers not working

Nothing more to this other than what you see in the photos.

Simply adding markers doesn’t work.

At this point I don’t really care if a solution is found. This is really my last attempt at using thunkable. I keep wanting to use Thunkable because I loved appinventor but every single time I try to use Thunkable to prototype something I run into something that should be simple that simply doesn’t work.

I completely understand your frustration about Thunkable, but I’m not ready to give up on it just yet.

I found another post where the issue appears to be an issue with the variable type.

The post showed adding 0 to the lat and long, to convert it to a number when passing the arguments to the addMarker method.

The assumption was that Google Maps is validating the data type, and throwing the error.

If this is true, then Thunkable should be type casting those values when passed, and prevent the error.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the attempt. I’ve ran into this problem before with dynamically typed languages like JavaScript and Python so I though this fix would definitely work. Unfortunately… Well, the photos speak volumes so take a peek.

But, again. Thanks for your time and effort.

1 Like

I also tried the addIconMarker block. Nope. :rofl:

It might just be the Live app. It did work a week ago before the last upgrade.

Hello @fierceblaze Welcome to the community.
Thank you again for alerting us to this issue and for your time and patience while we work to resolve it. We understand how frustrating it must be for you and we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with more information.

We were able to replicate the issue and we will flag it to our engineering team. We’re committed to finding a resolution quickly, and we will keep you updated as soon as there is any progress.

Hello @fierceblaze
I was able to find exactly what can cause the issue.
It is the “provider” in the advanced properties:

It should be set as “google”.
Let us know if it worked.

Oh, wow. I don’t remember changing that setting but yes it was blank when I checked it and changing it to “google” did fix all the errors. Thank you all so much. This prototype will be a big help.

I am in a time crunch and it’s taken me a couple of DAYS to remake in Ionic/React what only took me a couple of HOURS or so to click together with Thunkable. Flutter was not much fun either.

Now that I can prove a clear value I have purchased Starter to build out my prototype. I hope that it becomes an MVP so I can push for the move to Business (or at least Pro)

This all brings up one question. Why is there even a “provider” property? What other options are available to fill that box in with? Is there a way to use MapBox, MapTiler or any other providers?

1 Like

Hello @fierceblaze
I am glad that it worked for you.
At the moment Google is the provider option that I can verify that it works
You can find more information in our docs: Map Component | Drag and Drop | Thunkable Docs