[Solved] Error Publishing my app on Google Play Store

I think lots of us are facing this issue. The uploaded app requires to update permission of location which is not being used. @thunkable team please have a look

I am also facing an issue because of unnecessary permissions being asked by Thunkable APKs, the apps are getting deleted on their own and we are not able to upload it. Pls let us know if you find a solution…
Request Thunkable team to give a solution for this!

I have made an app and downloaded the APK File for publishing it. While I am publishing in the Google Play Store, it gives me warnings that the app has access to background location and aks to specify the reason, even though I have not included any functionality or component that uses the location, is still has permission for it.

The background location access permission comes pre-baked into the code. Due to this, it doesn’t satisfy with the new Play Store Policy for app developers to declare via a Video how background location is being used. Unless this is resolved I won’t be able to publish my app to Play Store.

Can we please fix this issue? I had seen a similar post 1 year back saying it was fixed, but it is back again.

Can @Thunkable please fix this at the earliest for all the developers using this platform!?!

This is interesting, are you completely sure that there is no component that somehow uses the location?

1 Like

Yes, I am sure.

I don’t think so that Realtime DB and Data Viewer Grid List connected to Airtbale uess location. Does it?
I have doubt of only these components or else I am sure.

Yes I am also facing the same problem, App upload on play store (Help!)

Hey @roumak-coder, @aditya.paul, @dishanklz6pq, @amit.apte47, @vinit932vj5xfp, @mashrupurvang199718t, @milanc, @nidhivsvijanrzhpph

The most likely reason for this would be something like the WebViewer, AdMob or Push Notifications component in your app.

We are actively working on a fix for this as the moment as a lot of users are affected by this and we want to remove this barrier for you ASAP.

In the meantime, can you give me a better picture of what’s happening here?

1. Are you updating an existing app or publishing for the first time?
  2. Does your app contain a Webviewer?
  3. Does your app use AdMob?
  4. Does your app use the Map component?

Thanks

Even I have been facing the same issue, not able to upload apps because of the unnecessary permissions required. Would request Thunkable team to get this issue resolved

1.Publishing for first time.
2.Yes
3.No
4.No

@vinit.salian1997kj6 did you get a chance to read the post I just tagged you in?

@domhnallohanlon To answer your questions:

1. I am publishing the app for the first time.
  2. My app does not contain Web Viewer Component
  3. My app does not contain Admob Component
  4. My app does not contain the map component .
1 Like

I have been facing the same issue due to which I am not able to upload the apps on the Google play store as the Thunkable Apk is asking for unnecessary permissions. The app doesn’t even require those permissions for it to work as it has simple components such as labels, timer, web viewer etc. Please request the Thunkable team to look into it and resolve it soon.

Interesting - thanks @aditya.paul. Does it have push notifications? What components are you using?

@murtazag01235baora can you let me know the answers to my questions above please?

Thanks!

To answer your questions:

3. My app does contain Admob Component
  5. My app does not contain push nofication

Thanks @emregoker - what components are you using?

Airtable, Firebase Sign in, Media DB, Camera, Photo library, Alert
@domhnallohanlon

I’m using Push Notifications, Firebase, CloudDB, Alert, Airtable, Photo Library, Camera

1. Publishing an app for the first time
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. No

My apps do not have push notifications. Components majorly present are web viewer, labels, images, timer, buttons, text input.

I am also facing the same issue.
My app does not require background location access. But it seems Thunkable added while generating the apk.

please help.

@domhnallohanlon To answer your questions:

3. My app does not contain Admob Component

To answer your queries:
No, I am not using the Push Notifications Component. I had added it earlier but I have deleted the Push Notification Component before downloading the APK File, in which I am facing the background location issue.

I am using the following components (Invisible Components):

1. Text - To - Speech Component
  2. Realtime DB
  3. Data Viewer Grid and Data Viewer List - Both are connected to Airtable
  4. Local DB
  5. Alert Component
1 Like