[Solved] Error Publishing my app on Google Play Store

• Are you updating an existing app or publishing for the first time?
    Yes, publishing for the first time.
  • Does your app contain a Webviewer?
    No
  • Does your app use AdMob?
    No
  • Does your app use the Map component?
    No
  • Does your app use Push notification?
    No

My Invisible components are: Gyroscope and Sound.

2 Likes

Hello @domhnallohanlon

We have been facing the same issue in multiple projects. Some do use web viewers, while many don’t use any of the mentioned components.

Really appreciate the team working on the issue.
To answer your remaining questions:

1. Some of them are updates to already existing apps, while most of them are being published for the first time
  2. Some do use web viewers, while many don’t.
  3. None of these use AdMob
  4. None of these use the Map component.

Thank you for your prompt response. Do let us know further steps. In case if there is any external way to disable the location permission too, do let us know for the time being.

I have read somewhere that editing the manifest.xml file could help disable the permission, but not sure how that works. Any inputs on that too would be really appreciated for the time being. Thanks

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon I would request the thunkable team to please fix this error as soon as possible.

I have to publish my app before Friday for a project, in which I have put in a lot of effort. If I am not able to publish it, my hard work would be of no use.

I request Thunkable Team to fix this issue at the earliest or at least provide us with some solution.

1 Like

Hey, today while I checked the play console I saw that the app was published successfully I don’t know how (I didn’t even mailed back the location permission thing) but, It is published!!
Thanks for solving it!!

That is no solution. That is pure luck.

1 Like

True, I am still facing the same issue

Ciao maurizio ho visto che sei italiano come me, sei riuscito a trovare qualche soluzione ? esattamente come te la mia app usa una funzionalità di Push Notification, e l’unica cosa che mi hanno detta è che onesignal sfrutta la localizzazione in background…in breve dobbiamo spiegare a google che senza di onesignal tutta la baracca non funziona, ciò ovviamente è impossibile dato che cerco di contattarli da circa 1 settimana :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Ciao Jason!
Ho appena ricevuto una mail dal pro-support di Thunkable, dicono che il problema sarà risolto entro questa settimana. Ci sarà un tutorial di un membro Thunkable per mostrare come risolvere il problema!

Hi Jason!
I have just received a mail from Thuankable’s support, they said the problem will be fixed within this week. There’ll be a tutorial on how to fix this issue from a Thunkable’s member!

1 Like

Finalmente!
grazie mille :grin: finalmente il mio cliente può stare tranquillo :sweat_smile:

Hey friends,

We are working on a fix and should be out soon.

Thanks,
Wei

1 Like

The fix is deployed. Can someone verify if the fix work?

Thanks,
Wei

3 Likes

I’m sending my app to revise right now, hopefully i can tell you something within two days

2 Likes

i a gree

in the requested permissions of the relise I don’t find “BACK_GROUND_LOCATION” so I think it’s solved thanks

1 Like

Hi, unfortunatly i experienced the same problem again:

This is the answer from Google Play Store:

Does your app use the location sensor/Map/BLE component? If not, can you DM about project link?

Wei

No, it doesn’t at all

these are my components:

I DM you. @wei

Thank you for your help

Did you build and submit a new apk to the Google play store?

Wei

Yes I certanly did.
I’m 110% sure that’s the newest file and the latest I have downloaded from thunkable.

I am sure there is no request of location from your app apk manifest. What did Google say when you submit a new APK to the play store?

Wei

1 Like

It sent my apk to review at 23:34, at 00:16 i received the mail from Google, the same mail i have quoted you few messages ago. A bit early, it has been such a quick response, if I can say; usually Play Store takes few hourse/days.

Nothing else.

1 Like