[Solved] Can not publish to iOS, problem with NSUserTrackingUsageDescription which is not used

Here we go again… :smiley:

Could you please help me out here? I got rejected due to the tracking issue.

So my app uses web viewer & push notifications, which is why I declared these in the User Tracking Usage Description. I wrote in the field:

This app accesses *** website. Your data may be shared with this website to facilitate functionality. The app also delivers push notifications and tracks user activity as an analytic tool to facilitate this service.

So my website is omitted here, but that’s basically what I wrote. I tried to apply the instructions from this post: iOS publishing & NSUserTrackingUsageDescription Issues

When I tried to submit the app for a review, I first got an instant rejection because I hadn’t declared any tracking in my app’s privacy statement on the App Store. So I went to edit this statement and declared there that I’m tracking user devices. Don’t know if this was enough of a declaration but anyhow it let me to submit the app for a review.

And then… I got rejected. The message was:

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We’re looking forward to completing our review, but we need more information to continue. Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 15.3.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

If you’ve implemented App Tracking Transparency but the permission request is not appearing on devices running the latest OS, please review the available documentation and confirm App Tracking Transparency has been correctly implemented.

If your app does not track users, update your app privacy information in App Store Connect to undeclare tracking. You must have the Account Holder or Admin role to update app privacy information.

Resources

So, I’d now need to resolve this. The sooner the better as my app is basically a mess currently and iOS users are wondering what’s going on. So, how could I have this permission request on my app? Or alternatively, can I still revert back to the old model of not declaring anything for this field, despite having the web viewer & push notifications?

Could I please ask for the team’s kind help once again? @jared @wei

Thank you!

2 Likes