[Solved] Android build error message "Try ‘rm ./-.png’ to remove the file"

Error: Command failed: cd /androidBuildServer/…/thunkableCompanion/android/app/src/main/assets/thunkable-assets/user/ && rm -v * rm: invalid option – ‘.’ Try ‘rm ./-.png’ to remove the file ‘-.png’. Try ‘rm --help’ for more information.

Reference ID: f85c69d4-4491-426d-bd1a-6aff1e75de9f

Hi @Deluxe do you happen to have an asset with the name of -.png?

Yes but on a different project than he one I requested to have compiled. Weird, no?

But did you try to compile that one before at some point?

Error

Sin título

I don’t have any assets with that name. What do I do to solve this problem? Greetings.

If by “that one” you mean the project that has the “-.png” file, perhaps, months ago… The project that returned this error is a project I already compiled 6 times today and all of a sudden, it gave me this error. I now see that another user is getting the same error so perhaps that is related. See the message above.

yeah, so what is happening is that someone (not necessarily you) used a -.png and +.png asset and the server was not able to delete them. In order to make sure that assets are not mixed up within projects, we fail all new builds if something is left behind. We’ll patch up the server so this stops happening. Thanks for the help!

3 Likes