Sign In Masterpost

Sorry about that, I’m wondering if it’s possible to just open the user’s default email app to their inbox, instead of trying to draft an email?

Also on that note, is it possible to send an email or text instead of just drafting it? Like, actually send the msg from a component to a number or email address.

I see it’s very easy to open and draft, but sending requires another step.

Thanks everyone

Hi! Thank you for this.

I was wondering if there was any way that Thunkable can retrieve the password after its been reset. I want to store passwords into Firebase, so when it is reset, I need to the new password to be saved into the realtime database.

so i am making a app for my vids and there should be a sign in so how to make on with the code

Hi there,

I have moved your post asking about sign in screens to this Sign In Masterpost so that you can check out the existing knowledge on the subject. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks for posting this tutorial Jane. However, it appears that Firebase has changed slightly since the original post. The databaseURL doesn’t appear in the ‘Service accounts’ tab. I just see this:

I have searched in other places and still cannot find the databaseURL. Do you know where it is now located?

1 Like

The database URL appears right at the top of the screen when you click “realtime database” on the left menu. Something like: https://yourprojectnameandextrastuff-default-rtdb.firebaseio.com

If you need your API key, click the gear in the left menu then choose project settings.

2 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply @catsarisky . I don’t see a URL like that. I just have the button to create a database. I thought a database was created when I set up Authentication. Do I need to create another database?

1 Like

You haven’t created the database yet. Create one and you will see it’s URL.

2 Likes

I need some help with this code:

It keeps showing an error and won’t let the user sign up!

1 Like

Show the error to see what is wrong.

Instead to showing “Error! Please try again” show the green block error which will tell you what is wrong.

Very much useful, learnt a lot. Thank you, team Thunkable!!

You are amazing, Jane. Thank you very much. I am not gonna lie to you, I am going to copy this project to save some time but, in order to appreciate what you did I will take the time later to read and understand all you have explained. Thank you