Sign In Masterpost

I’m so glad! :smile:

1 Like

any tutorial about customising web viewer …like width height…and adding button on web viewer screen also placing ads on that page…i am going to develop an app of my website…The only language i know is html… I am even worst in drag and drop code… so any good tut. or post applicable for me?:thinking:

Hello and thanks for the tutorial,

I’d like to make users sign up to the app only by SMS OTP, I found a third partyservice, but I’d like to understand how can I use it in firebase security so that a user can only see his informations and not other peoples.

Can anybody help me please?

I really have no clue what I should do.

Hello, it’s me again, since I couldn’t use the SMS OTP, I finally went for e-mail sign in, and I use a method that doesn’t distinguish between sign up and sign in, but it does it automatically, you just give the app email and pass and if you are not registered it will do it and tell you to check the email, so it will if you are signed in but not verified your mail and finally it will just work when you are registered.

Howevere I’m trying to understand:

Do I have to sign in everytime I need to access the database or is there a way to keep the user signed in so I don’t have to go trough the sign in blocks on every screen?

Thanks

I think this approach will work well for you:

• Store the user’s email and password on the phone (with the user’s permission)
  • When the screen/app starts, check for stored credentials
  • If there are credentials stored, log the user in

I the majority of this approach in this tutorial starting at 7:57:

3 Likes

Do you need the permission?
I was doing it by default.

I think I already saw that video and I am using that method but when I change screen I think I lose log in, I say that I “think” cause I’m not so sure, however, I’ll test it further, thanks @darren

Not required, but that is the standard across most applications. You want to let the user know you are storing their email and password somewhere.

In my experience, this is not the case. Once the user has logged in, they are ‘in session’. Make sure none of your fancy security rules are doing anything weird! :wink:

Ahahahahaahah

Ok thanks

Thank for nice tutorial.
This Sign up form for entering “Email” (correct format of email) and “Password”, but how can I create the form for entering “User ID” (characters) instead of email address?

Hi @trungvn151174,

This component expects an email address (so it can be verified and unique) for signing up.

You could add a username field manually, but you’d have to add in all the extra logic required to make sure you don’t end up with duplicate usernames

1 Like

Speaking of that @domhnallohanlon Is there a tutorial to use usernames instead of an email login? I am interested In this This for my app. I want to have a public leaderboard but want users to be able to remain anonymous and unidentifiable.

1 Like

I think you’d still have to use email to login and the have a parallel lookup list with user names.

Usernames present some extra challenges though because you have to manage keeping them unique.

1 Like

Hi, what about Anonymous sign in?
I see this is available in Firebase, but is not clear to me how/when the user is created on Firebase Users list for the first time?
Thnx

Hi there :slight_smile:Awesome post! Helped me a lot to create the entire signup/-in/logout/reset password process!
I am wondering though if you have an idea what to do when the user doesn’t verify their email within the required time frame and the verification link is expired.
The confirmation landing page from firebase only says “Your request to verify your email has expired or the link has already been used” without giving a resend option. There is no way in firebase to extend the time (which is also not favourable of course).
I saw some code for this on stackoverflow, but it looks like there is no such option with thunkable x.
Maybe anyone has an idea which is not to manually delete the user from the database and ask them to sign up again :sweat_smile:
Thank you,
Antje

2 Likes

Just a thought, but can you direct them right to their email with a webviewer or deeplinking to their own email app?

2 Likes

Huh, good thinking!
My initial thoughts are, that this is only possible using “mailto:…” which would then open a new email in their default mailing app. It would take them to their app, just not be the greatest experience.
I didn’t find a function like “just open their default mailing app without any other activity”.
I will dig around a bit more.
Eventually I might just change the alert message to “GO CHECK YOUR EMAIL NOW YOU HAVE 1 HOUR TO CONFIRM! GO GO GO!” :wink:

3 Likes

Oh yes, you can set up a Warning message that will mandate to verify the Link when the Message Pops up

1 Like

@antje.smilesyft yep - an alert followed by a mailto: should do the trick here I think

1 Like

Is there a way to accomplish this without opening a draft email? Instead, just open up the default mail app?

Thanks again everyone

@overshield - there is quite a lot in this topic, can you clarify what exactly it is that you want to accomplish?

Thanks