Shadow and raised button options aren't working

Hello,

I saw a similar post that was closed but unfortunately it didn’t offer a solution.

I’m trying to make buttons that looked raised and have a shadow behind them. both the “raised button” and “shadow options” features do nothing. I’ve tried working on both new and existing buttons with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks

@steeletkz Welcome to our Community! We’re glad you’re here.

There have been some known issues with both the Raised button option (in Snap to Place projects only) and shadow elements (in both Snap to Place and Drag and Drop projects) so that neither are currently working consistently for users.

I believe both of these features are going to be evaluated by Product Design in Q1 next year to see what it would take to get them to work consistently, or if there a better option available to showing elevation in our design editor. Or remove them altogether.

Again, glad you’re here posting on the community. Always feel free to post about anything else you are working on.

Happy Thunking!
Matt

1 Like

No. That’s a bad idea. We’re not on 8-bit ataris, man. We want shadows. Your user base wants the ability to customize the look and feel of all visual elements.

2 Likes

I should have been more clear, removing it until they are working again.

I am in complete agreement with you on all of this.

1 Like

Hi @matt_conroy - the issue still seems to be there (testing in Thunkable Live Android, latest v380-6). Any previously raised buttons before this issue started happening are still fine; It’s when trying to raise a new button nothing is happening.

For now going into Advanced > Styling > Shadow > setting the "ShadowColor" property to Black color & "Elevation" property between 5-10 does the job, but having the Raised switch back working would help a lot :slight_smile:

Can you give an update on this issue? Thanks!

@kartik14 The switch component itself is currently being fixed so any of that currently may cause issues.

There is no current timeline for a fix on the shadow and raised element options.

1 Like

@matt_conroy no worries, I look forward to hearing an update on the issue. Thanks!

Is there any update on this?

I am first time Pro user should have read forums before joining, uhhhh …

HI @tiny_apps, thanks for reaching out!

This issue has been acknowledged by our Product team but we don’t have any timeline for a fix yet, however. I’ll have to update you here if I receive any news.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions!

Hi All,

Has there been any updates to buttons and shadows. I notice that after 1.5 years they are still not working?

Hello @thorntonp72l3 :wave:
Our Product team has recognized this issue, but unfortunately, we do not currently have a solution. If we obtain any additional information, we will post an update here.