Set button disable to false if the user has done other tasks in the app

image_2021-09-15_194025

Hi, boys! I appreciate your time, I will be more than happy if you can help me with this issue.

I want my students to make an exam (red button) only if they already have practiced at least once every assignment (green button) but I am not sure how to do that.

I’ll stay tuned. Thank you.

1 Like

You can store values in Thunkable in variables or databases. So when a button is pressed or an assignment is completed, you can change a corresponding value. Then, when the red button is pressed, you can check the value of those variables/database cells and decide whether or not to navigate to a new screen.

By the way, not everyone here is a boy so you may want to use non-gendered greetings like “Hi everyone!”

I’m a teacher so I’m curious… what age students do you teach? Is it during the school day or after school or a camp?

How familiar are you with programming? Have you looked through the documentation and built-in tutorials to learn how to use Thunkable?

1 Like

I have a code in C++
Let us say you are practicing adding. You will be able to take the test once you have practiced each task
The variable is set to 0 by default, when you practice the task, the variable is changed to 1 and the test will be shown when every variable is set to 1

1. adding one-digit numbers (ExamenSumas1 is the name of the variable)
  2. adding two-digit numbers (ExamenSumas2)
  3. adding three-digit numbers (ExamenSumas3)
  4. adding four-digit numbers (ExamenSumas4)

but I do not know why I cannot use other variable but ExamenSumas1

I am a fourth grade teacher in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

You can use the Initialize block in the Variables drawer to add as many variables as you like.

I teach Kindergarten through 8th grade in our makerspace… woodworking, robotics, 3D printing, design, etc. I love 4th graders! A fun age.

2 Likes

You have a lot of experience in teaching. I have worked with teenagers ( physics for 10th and 11th) but since I moved to another city (and another school) I work now with kids. I really thank you for your help. It means a lot to me.

1 Like

You’re welcome. This is my 21st year of teaching. I love my job!

Today, I was helping 7th graders to carve their own spoons from blocks of wood.

2 Likes