Sending Emails From Thunkable App | Gmail App

No. This is an inbuilt security feature on all modern phones. Imagine the potential malicious activity that could happen if this feature was available to all.

You can however, use an API service to send your emails. This can be done without the user interacting with their native email app thus emails can be sent with only in app triggers. To send emails in such a way, you can do what is done above with Google app script or you could use a service like zapier or or integromat

2 Likes

Hello community, I re-open this topic hoping that someone will help me to understand where I am wrong, I cannot set the name of the person who sends the email, and if I find the solution I should also add 2 attachments (jpeg from the gallery or photos taken by the camera) from include in the mail renaming them 1.JPEG and 2.JPEG, I am attaching the images of appscript and blocks of the project.

Greetings

1 Like

The sender of the email is the owner of the Apps Script. This cannot change.

Is there any way, even through the API, to send the App Script via an email other than the owner’s?

I’m guessing that’s a security feature because otherwise you could send out spam from someone other than yourself.

hi can you help how to save data to googlesheets?

Hi @bargselyd2po0, please create a new topic if you are needing assistance. Replying to this older topic with a new question goes against good Community etiquette. I will lock this topic but please feel free to ask your question in a new post.

Thank you!