Scrollable Row is working?

Hello Thunkers !
I know this was debated alot of times, ive already searched the entire forum about it, but all topics are old or workarounds. So here i am.

As i see, Row container has now scrollable option. But whatever options i set to it, it doesnt work for me (put in a fresh new screen only a row, with absolute values, and so on).
What do i do more to work ? (dont need workaround, just want to know if that "scrollable"option works or not.)
Thank you for your time.

2 Likes

Can you explain more?
Scrollable is always working but you need the system to be aware when to scroll. For example, if you have a column / row with scrolling option set to true then you have to give this row / column a known size either by using absolute size or by relative (percentage %) but not to be computed by the system (fill container and fit contents should not be used in height or width).

Ok, ill explain more.
I created a new empty screen.
I created a Row with absolute sizes: Height=20; Width=200
Set Row scrollable to true
Put a label inside that row, then when screen opens, i cloned that label, lets say 10 times (enought not to fit in row).
What im trying to do is to workaround a mode to display a table-like data, every label will be a cell of the table, you got the ideea.
But my Row dont scroll…cant see all the labels created.
Maybe theres something about labels inside it ? (they are set to fit contents). They have to be absolute sizes too ? :thinking:

1 Like

I made few tested and found out there is an issue with the row scrolling. It actually activates it as column.

The red color is a column containing the yellow one which is a row. Once I click the clone button, It shows the scroll bar in the wrong side.

1 Like

… and now my topic got sense :thinking:

1 Like

These are the blocks I used to test with

I did the same.
Except that i used count with i from 1 to 10
and put label as join “label” and counter i :rofl:
And i put these clones directly in a “scrollable” row… as i said it already.
A row that is absolute sized and the only in a blank screen.

1 Like

So, putting a scrolling column works…

testing

Using a row instead of a column, doesnt work.

testing2

1 Like

Hi
I created a project based in the trick in the Thunkable video tutorial and still effective.

Here is the link
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6153629b190a7402638d78b6

Based on this video

1 Like

Thank you very much for putting effort in trying to solve my issues everytime :hugs:
Already tried myself to use rotateZ axis of a row in a column, but as you see, writings will rotate aswell, and dont stay horizontally as i need it too. It works just fine with some blank, without text blocks items (just like in video).
Until @Thunkable_Staff will try to solve this issue about row`s scroll, just like column scroll (if you can set it to true, it supposed to work without workarounds, right ? :blush:), ill just stick to a landscape screen where my table will fit without in need of a horizontal scroll.

My latest issue is that trying to retrieve a “computed” width, it takes so much time (few seconds for every item from a variable length list of items ill try to calculate to get the highest value). Its really so much time consuming or is just my phone ? :thinking:

1 Like

This shouldn’t be the case. Can you show an example or create a sample project that produce the effect and share the link?

1 Like

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/0b5a694a25c8935e5ce3320d1b0c8ef8

You are right, in my example works like a charm. I used the same code in my main app, but theres something different there… Ill figure it out.
(found a way to wait until labels are dispalyed tho :blush:, and not a second more :blush:)

2 Likes

It’s working it tested wait I am sending video
Edit

Said it already. I only confirmed what @muneer said.

2 Likes

Sorry

1 Like

No need to sorry. You wanted to help me, and i really appreciate it :hugs:

1 Like

This should not be a problem to someone as intelligent as you are. You can easily rotate the label in the reverse way and you will have the label displayed properly in the scrolling row.

I changed my sample project to show the labels in the right way. Check and let me know.

2 Likes

:rofl: thank you…

2 Likes

I will do. Thank you.

2 Likes

Hello, prompt me when I open the sample project: Oops! The project you are looking for was either deleted or may not be public. Could you please send it to me again? I did it according to the video, but it didn’t work.

1 Like