Saving information for a calendar

Hii there!
Im creating an application similar to calender.Here im using individual dates as button. and i want to make a function that when i click a particular button the new window open and saves the particular information to that specific button(date).

Do i have to create a new screen for every button or there is another time saving method.

1 Like

use variables

1 Like

How familiar are you with Thunkable? And how familiar are you with programming in general? This is probably an intermediate/advanced project.

I would use a single screen for your calendar and change the month and days dynamically based on a list of months and days (lengths of months) that you enter manually.

It’s probably a better project for the older Snap to Place (StP) interface that has clone blocks but it can also be done in the newer Drag and Drop (DnD) interface.

You’ll need to give each button a static location value that indicates where on the screen it is (first button, second button, third button) and use some math to determine which month and day that button refers to.

You can save data to a local table or to cloud data sources (Google Sheets, Airtable, Firebase) depending on what you need for your users.

I would set aside several hours to set this all up and more if you’re new to Thunkable.

2 Likes

Use stored variables, and set those variables to the chosen date.

1 Like

To be honest im beginner in thunkable and programing in general.

By the way thanks for your help.
Can you please show me a demo/sample.
And if possible please post a video also showing the blocks
Thanks!!!

1 Like

I don’t have a demo but you can search for “calendar” and “quiz” on the forums. There should be good examples and videos of each. I mention quizzes because they use a similar dynamic coding method.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your help.

1 Like

I have one more request. Can you please tell me how to store data to a particular date or recommend some projects.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.