[Resolved] Issues using stored/cloud variables, causes “Internal error generating code for blocks” error [July 2022]

This issue was surfaced this morning. While using this block you may experience an error “Internal error generating code for blocks”. If that is the case, you will be unable to make any future edits to the project. This does not seem to be affecting app type variables but when checking if a stored or cloud variable are an empty string, you will likely see the same error.

This issue also seems to be happening with using stored/cloud variable with list blocks.

The error has been reported. Following any updates on our end I will update this thread.

Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.35.59 AM
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 10.10.30 AM
Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 9.37.42 AM

1 Like

Ive just opened my project today (dnd) and im getting lots of “internal errors generating code blocks”
looked at the community posts -as you do- all my variables are named correctly no apostrophes or spaces, cleared chrome cache etc all to no avail. However when opening the same project in safari everything is fine?
oh and the app works as intended in both browsers

1 Like

I’ve discovered safari and firefox have the same problem/bug with the “does list contain” block - safari doesn’t throw up an error - instead it won’t to save any changes if the “does list contain” block is active.
all very frustrating - firefox throws up the same error as chrome - so no development today !
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/62e13148677d37022a9fa36f

1 Like

@jared @domhnallohanlon
There is a bug with list blocks. Constant errors and block changes not being saved. I didn’t have these issues in the morning today.
Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 11.35.39 PM

Just moving around a block like this, spams internal error
Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 11.39.08 PM

App is unusable, hopefully its fixed in the morning.

Hello all.

This issue has been resolved. Please complete a hard refresh and check your projects again.

2 Likes

@jared Is this ‘If do’ block with ‘does list’ with a variable possible? I’m getting an internal error. What am I doing wrong?