Reminder after period

Hi.
I was wondering how I can have the app to make a reminder after ex. 2 weeks. Even if the app is closed. Hope someone have a good idea or is it not possible at all???
Be.

You can use onesignal!

Use could try and use firebase to store the last time the app was logged in. You would need a “host app” that could check each when each user was last logged in and if >2weeks then send a OneSignal message to that users ID. Im not 100% positive it would work but it might.

Thanks. I was hopping for somenthing could work ON the phone. But maybe I cant get arround to use a DB or onesignal.
If I use one signal do I also have to use the calender to trigger the onesignal or can I program that in onesignal you think??
Is there other ideas out there please???

Check it. Instead of daily to weekly

@tchind Please stop spamming the forums.

You can create a topic to explain the solution you found but there is no need to post in every single related topic. Many of the topics you are re-opening have not been updated for years.

2 Likes

Specially that there are many ways to trigger an event in the calender.

This URL for example will open the calendar and fill in the info
Create Event in Google calendar

Of course, in the app you will use variables instead of the text I typed in the URL. No need to use any other tool outside of Thunkable.

2 Likes

Thanks @muneer i didnt know we could do this!

But Zapier is a bit easy and more auttomatted proccess.

My app is for elderly and probably they might get confused.

So can I set a notification my app users birthday, imitating the Facebook birthday reminder feature,any help on how to do that?
Thanks in advance

1 Like

I saved their birthday in a variable,and said whenever screen opens check if userbirth variable=Current date*but not yielding good so far

1 Like

When retrieving date from Airtable it will have the long format. You need to show the retrieved date in a text and to know how it is formatted and then use a similar format for current date. When you do this you can then compare the two.