Question about creating rows in local table

I also have a problem with creating rows in the internal database (see screenshot).

1 Like

Can you elaborate a bit on the problem you are facing? What happens when you try to create a new row?
Are you able to edit any of the existing rows?

1 Like

I can create and edit Columns and Rows manually, but can’t use Create row block, it didn’t work… Nothing happens when I try to create new row by using this block.

This is my app:

1 Like

I /think/ from my playing around over the last couple weeks (yep, I’m new!) that adding rows adds them on the phone, but doesn’t update the local data source you can see on Thunkable itself. If that’s the behavior you were expecting, that might be your problem. To see if you’re creating the row on the phone, try adding a dataviewer block - does the row show up there after you click the button?

2 Likes

The current Thunkable web live Test does not show contents of the local table and this is an old issue. I even wrote to @domhnallohanlon if he can look into it but seems there are a lot of more important issues on the table at the time being.

However, the data are actually there and can be accessed programmatically. I know this because I do the filtering of Airtable data through the local table and it always works but the table itself when viewed by the development platform shows different results.

1 Like