Question about bottom tab navigator

Hi there!
We are trying to finish up an app and struggling with the bottom menu. What are the steps to have the same navigation menu with 4 icons appear on all the pages?
Thank you for your help!
Denise

1 Like

Hey @seeingdeepgp10mc :wave:

Welcome to the community. I’ve moved your question to its own post to give it a little more visibility.

The easiest way to do this is with the bottom tab navigator:

https://docs.thunkable.com/bottom-tab-navigator

Hi there, for me, the bottom tab navigator is also not doing what I need: Show the same 4 icons/tabs on different pages, and the documentation does not help unfortunately.
I opened a github issue for this, suggesting a solution. I would appreciate support from other people who are also having issues. If you can add a comment there as well, that would be great,
Maybe it will get attention then.

Thank you :slight_smile:
Antje
1 Like

You could leave those pages out of the navigator but add a back button to navigate back to the previous page. What about a stack navigator in a bottom tab navigator?

I’ll play with this today :slight_smile:

check this out. Thunkable

I’ve had to resort to creating my own bottom menu. Now that you can copy pages I just set up a base page with my menu and look and copy them to all the pages. If you’ve already got an app set up it’s a bit of work to go back and put it all in.

It’s not the most ideal, because the responsiveness of the menu isn’t quite the same either, but it’s the best I’ve been able to figure out.

1 Like

Hi Jared :slight_smile:
Thanks for the suggestion. I played around in this project a bit, just did not succeed at getting what I want. I hope you don’t mind. I can remove my changes again of course.
I added a screen called “ShowBar_butNoIcon” (which is what I would like to achieve) underneath the stack navigator.
I added a button to the home screen that takes me to the “ShowBar_butNoIcon”-screen.
When I click on this button, it takes me to the screen “ShowBar_butNoIcon” (the button click only works when I clicked on a tab icon first though). Now, this screen does NOT have the bottom navigator which is great, because that is what I want. However, it is showing the stack navigator header :sweat_smile:

Best,
Antje

1 Like

Are you familiar with the concept of dynamic screen content?

I can show you an example a little later on

Hi Jared, not yet. But I will go through a tutorial. Maybe this helps me with this topic. If I still can’t make sense, I will check in again :slight_smile: