Play media files locally stored on device

Hi all,

I need to create an app that will play media content (large video and audio files), which are stored directly on the device, an android tablet.
The reason these files cannot be hosted by a 3rd party provider is because the tablet needs to remain completely offline, besides one bluetooth connection to a specific device.

In App Inventor, I could just put the path to the files in a variable and use it as the source (file:///storage/emulated/0/…). I am unable to replicate this with Thunkable.

Is there a way to play files stored on the internal memory of an android device?

I have searched in the documentation and on these boards, but haven’t found a clear answer, and I need to make sure Thunkable fills this need before subscribing.

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware of. You would need to upload each video/audio file to the project while developing it. And the limit for the project size is 50MB.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply!
I guess I’ll have to look elsewhere then :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Theoretically, you can but I have never tried it. The Media drawer has a block that can record 5 seconds audio and save it to the device so in theory, it should be possible.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.